Electrical flex alert, due to heat...

Power was taken out by a storm at the river house Labor Day weekend. The town was  complete chaos with everyone leaving the river and no traffic lights or power. Over 50 poles down. Some places had power after 24 hours in 115 degree heat, and some still don’t have power 48 hours latter. Time to get better at  prepping for no power for longer periods of times. 

BFA9260D-4C8B-4D7A-90A9-E9C1A7E52835.jpeg

1A530DE4-7798-4124-AE2C-BBAB73E0492B.png

08F609A2-E058-4A39-B91B-A7300CD86B4B.png

Just in case you did not see Dumb Azz Newsome give a PSA asking people to help reduce their power usage as the grid is taxed and rolling blackouts could be on the way. 

But look at what this idiot is wearing! He’s get a fleece type jacket on with a ball cap. Who the hells wearing a jacket in a heatwave? Clearly it’s cold in his office or home. 

D58D9882-5F90-4930-8F4E-5BDD4DFC3B45.jpeg

Just in case you did not see Dumb Azz Newsome give a PSA asking people to help reduce their power usage as the grid is taxed and rolling blackouts could be on the way. 

But look at what this idiot is wearing! He’s get a fleece type jacket on with a ball cap. Who the hells wearing a jacket in a heatwave? Clearly it’s cold in his office or home. 

View attachment 42603
What's with the polar bear on the hat and coat too?

Power is still out at my house in West San Jose. Went to a movie after work to escape the heat. It's 87* inside my house. 

View attachment 42603

9 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Great so we should see another apology video explaining how he’s sorry it was so cold in his house that he needed to wear a jacket. Let me guess his thermostat broke and he could not turn it up from 68 degrees and he felt very bad about it. 

Great so we should see another apology video explaining how he’s sorry it was so cold in his house that he needed to wear a jacket. Let me guess his thermostat broke and he could not turn it up from 68 degrees and he felt very bad about it. 
He should’ve stood up instead of sitting down, obviously. Practice what you preach, it won’t happen again. Blah blah blah

Last edited by a moderator:
This is kind of interesting as someone that worked in the SCE Energy Control Center for 29 years.

The electrical grid can’t operate without some moveable generating units to follow the load. Like keeping the frequency at 60 HZ.  All the solar plants just put out what they can for the light they are receiving.

As a for the amount of energy received from wind and solar it will never be able to carry the load of the current or future requirements for energy.

In the data in the link below you can see the data for 2021 and commercial Solar generated 2.6% and wind 9.2%. so, they have a long way to be able to carry all the electrical load in this country.

2021 US electrical generation

Other interesting facts in the attached document is that all renewables generated 20.1% of the country’s generation and coal generated 21.8% so renewables have a way to go.

The people that want to get rid of fossil fuels are really dreaming. Fossil fuels generated 60.8% and Nuclear 18.9% even with all the nuclear plants that have been shut down.

The thing that really bothers me is I’m 78 and may not live to see this whole deal fail.

Just watching this pisses me off. He's so full of chit. He reminds me more and more of Bill Clinton. 
I thought the same thing.  In my mind I can see him on TV wagging his finger @ the country & telling us he did not have sex with that woman..............  they are both POS's............

Down to 14k without power now...

image.png

We'll see how this looks today at 3pm...

Was 88* at 5:50 am this morning at the shop in el cajon. Lets see how today goes

D60C50F2-3F76-4702-8C38-06A5FEA78B2E.jpeg

Just watching this pisses me off. He's so full of chit. He reminds me more and more of Bill Clinton. 
Exactly!

How many uh's and um's did say as in he's trying to figure out what to say!

Oh and Empathetic beyond words....you mean Pathetic Beyond words! 

EFF YOU NEWSOM!

Seriously, EFF YOU!

Exactly!

How many uh's and um's did say as in he's trying to figure out what to say!

Oh and Empathetic beyond words....you mean Pathetic Beyond words! 

EFF YOU NEWSOM!

Seriously, EFF YOU!
Hey, I posted that apology to laugh at him, quit giving me negative rep, I'm not the bhole! :biggrin:

Hey, I posted that apology to laugh at him, quit giving me negative rep, I'm not the bhole! :biggrin:
Oh...I will change...didn't mean to for a neg rep to you. Was just to Say I  HATE HIM!

Changing now,

Sorry

Back