chEFFs Dream Home Build

Opinions Matter. And there are a lot of them. Whats your thinking on rising costs of lumber / materials? Build or not to build? So many people have delayed their build based on rising costs of materials. Our lumber package has risen $40k. And our construction loan did not have the extra $40k in it.  And then you have this rising costs in existing homes. Our house will sell right now for a lot more than it would have two years a go. Off Set themselves? Are we looking at permanent cost increase? Or will the 2x4's come back to reality? Whats your thoughts? Peace

Opinions Matter. And there are a lot of them. Whats your thinking on rising costs of lumber / materials? Build or not to build? So many people have delayed their build based on rising costs of materials. Our lumber package has risen $40k. And our construction loan did not have the extra $40k in it.  And then you have this rising costs in existing homes. Our house will sell right now for a lot more than it would have two years a go. Off Set themselves? Are we looking at permanent cost increase? Or will the 2x4's come back to reality? Whats your thoughts? Peace
Cost's for construction is a lot like the overhead door business

It goes up and down..

It's a coin flip if you ask me, Your builder is lucky I am locked into a project that I can't go back and ask for that $40k in escalation costs. 

Lumber futures dropped $500 earlier this week per thousand board feet. There is plenty of lumber so prices will drop significantly once retail catches up to the futures market. 

Ten years from now..... Who gives a💩

Build it and they will come..

That's what we're afraid of! A 6700 sq ft (ONE BDRM) home. The kids asked, "Where's our room Dad?" Exactly! Peace

Have a friend that just built Kubota Corporate in Grapevine, Texas. He's the President of Kubota. When they excavated the property for this massive structure, they moved the boulders across the street. He knows my Dream Home Build and says take what you can. I called my good buddy DBL J who just happened to be in Grapevine Erecting the Baptist Church. All his equipment was 1 mile from our lot. So, we administered a plan....brought over his Crane....started placing these massive boulders on the edge of my pond. There was 4-5 boulders we couldn't move. TOO BIG!! All this Rock (FREE). And the Crane (FREE). He owns the Crane and was fired up to help! Of Course Da chEFF threw cash everyones way that weekend! How often do you get the chance to Landscape your property with awesome people who know their Chit?! Crane operators are talented people. These Massive Rocks don't just fall into place. They're gently moved very slowly! Billy (Excavator) and Jimmy (Crane) were very impressive. Can't thank these guys enough for the experience. We had a great day! We also brought over a bunch of little rocks for Landscaping around the property. Enjoy the pictures. Can't wait to see the water flowing over these rocks. We'll discuss Water Pumps later! Peace  

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_6017.JPG

IMG_6023.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6032.JPG

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6035.JPG

IMG_6019.JPG

IMG_6031.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6010.JPG

IMG_6001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is any negative to this Dream Home build is that this large OAK TREE has to be cut down. It's exactly where our pool goes. Sucks. Killer tree! Peace

IMG_5466.JPG

If there is any negative to this Dream Home build is that this large OAK TREE has to be cut down. It's exactly where our pool goes. Sucks. Killer tree! Peace

View attachment 6629
There might be some really nice lumber in there. Some quarter sawn oak sure looks good on door frames, stair and chair railings, and fireplace mantels. 

Love this thread. It's VERY apparent you are not in Ca. looking at the crane, rigging, etc...   :thumb:

Love this thread. It's VERY apparent you are not in Ca. looking at the crane, rigging, etc...   :thumb:

Amazing the difference. CA owns their people. Here in Texas they asks politely...."Can we come on your property?" Peace

I have seen the property in person and its nice. Can't wait to see it done and make sure I get the mints on the pillow when Stacey and I stay. 

We have a pool and a pond. Pond is good for you and I. Lets hope Sharon and Stacey allow us near the pool. Mint on the pillow? We leave Copenhagen. Peace

I will be staying up the Road at the Hotel like last time or at Moms house.. I dont wanna wake up at Your House Cheff with ya walking around Naked..I do think ya need a Pinball machine for the Man cave

I will be staying up the Road at the Hotel like last time or at Moms house.. I dont wanna wake up at Your House Cheff with ya walking around Naked..I do think ya need a Pinball machine for the Man cave

Everyone should be so lucky watching Da chEFF sweep the porch Naked! Peace

Back