chEFFs Dream Home Build

One of the things we've learned about building a home.......Weather has everything to do with it. Can't work in mud!

We had a break from rain and was able to get the form boards in, dig 69 piers @ 12" diameter / 10' deep. Poured concrete in piers the same day. Waited another week before we could dig the beams. Now waiting on the sun to come out to install plumbing before we pour the foundation. NOTE: The soil test did NOT call for piers to be dug/installed. The builder insisted! He calls it "HOMEOWNER INSURANCE". I'm a firm believer in a solid foundation. Plus, the extra money spent is good money spent! Lord knows I've thrown money out the window in the past. Haven't we all? (I DON'T KNOW WHY PHOTO's COMING OUT SIDEWAYS??!! ) Anyone smarter than me please help right the ship. Peace

Home Build .jpg

Home Build1.jpg

Home Build2.jpg

Home Build3.jpg

Home Build5.jpg

Home Build6.jpg

Today we're going to pick out our Windows. The back faces to the west. It's ALL glass. Peace

Just an FYI....Don't wait until you're framed up to order windows and doors. Most manufacturers are 2 months out minimum. 

I have seen the property in person and its nice. Can't wait to see it done and make sure I get the mints on the pillow when Stacey and I stay. 

Just an FYI....Don't wait until you're framed up to order windows and doors. Most manufacturers are 2 months out minimum. 

We went to BMC Design Center in Fort Worth Wednesday. Picked out a couple different types of windows to get quoted. PELLA Windows and Doors just sent their quote over today. Yes, we're staying way ahead of the curve. Plumbing Fixtures have already been chosen. So have all the appliances. Garage Doors have to get ordered today because the Industry is going crazy with  "PRICE INCREASES" 

The plumber brought out his Excavator yesterday to the site. Bringing his pipe today. Supposed to rain this weekend so he'll start trenching and laying the pipe Monday. Pretty Cool how that works. They set all the pipes, fill with water. City comes by for an inspection / pressure test etc..... Builder will leave water in pipes for the entire pour of the foundation and Frame of the house. Definitely want to catch any leaks before the concrete dry's.

The attached photo is our Trash Pump. This dude pumps 330 gals a minute . It ROCKS. The creek rises all the way to our back property line when it Rains like crazy. Lake level rises. Guess how the pond got filled? Peace   

IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG

We went to BMC Design Center in Fort Worth Wednesday. Picked out a couple different types of windows to get quoted. PELLA Windows and Doors just sent their quote over today. Yes, we're staying way ahead of the curve. Plumbing Fixtures have already been chosen. So have all the appliances. Garage Doors have to get ordered today because the Industry is going crazy with  "PRICE INCREASES" 

The plumber brought out his Excavator yesterday to the site. Bringing his pipe today. Supposed to rain this weekend so he'll start trenching and laying the pipe Monday. Pretty Cool how that works. They set all the pipes, fill with water. City comes by for an inspection / pressure test etc..... Builder will leave water in pipes for the entire pour of the foundation and Frame of the house. Definitely want to catch any leaks before the concrete dry's.

The attached photo is our Trash Pump. This dude pumps 330 gals a minute . It ROCKS. The creek rises all the way to our back property line when it Rains like crazy. Lake level rises. Guess how the pond got filled? Peace   

View attachment 6027

View attachment 6028
I've been in the window and door business for over 20 years and I have some strong feelings about Pella's aluminum clad/wood windows. Send me a private message if your interested in more information on aluminum clad/wood windows and doors. 

Message Sent. Appreciate the knowledge and guidance. So many options in choosing windows and doors. Peace

More rain this weekend. MUD SUCKS. Doubtful we can get on the dirt monday. Come on out Sunshine. Peace

Got the new Water meter put in yesterday Went from 3/4" line to a 1" line. Why the heck does this thing flip sideways???? Peace

Water Meter 1209.jpg

Back