Can Am X3 part duex - the build/decorating of the new one

$6K I will be that deep in mine before the first dune trip. No cage, No seats.

Almost $2K in tick tack stuff so far easy. Mirrors, Misc Hangers(Helmet, Flag,Antenna), Four Point Belts, Bags, Chase bar, pumper and helmet, lower doors and the mount for the radio I switched over.

over $2K in paddles and rims, what a joy it was trying to find rims let me tell you.  Plus I hope my name gets to the top of the paddle list before October comes around.

Next up is the gusset kit and double shear stuff for the back, so that will be another $1K installed

and last will be the suspension work by MTS.

Better stop typing and get to work need more money and time in a hurry.
LOL!   It adds up quickly.   I have been fortunate enough to score some deals on parts through sales and hook ups.   The only reason I am going a little more nuts on this car is that some parts transferred over and selling parts I will not be using will off-set the cost.  

TMW recently had a sell over 4th of July and that is when I bought their gusset kit, my bumper and radius rod plate.

If your looking for a Pumper set up I will be selling my Rugged Radio Mac Air.  

When did you get a Can Am X3?  Congrats!!!!!

LOL!   It adds up quickly.   I have been fortunate enough to score some deals on parts through sales and hook ups.   The only reason I am going a little more nuts on this car is that some parts transferred over and selling parts I will not be using will off-set the cost.  

TMW recently had a sell over 4th of July and that is when I bought their gusset kit, my bumper and radius rod plate.

If your looking for a Pumper set up I will be selling my Rugged Radio Mac Air.  

When did you get a Can Am X3?  Congrats!!!!!
Picked up the X3 about the time the board went boom,

Pumper set up is in and done.

Missed the TMW sale, had I known I would of stopped by. I drive by there all the time, so far just have not had a free moment with cash in pocket ( always best for the best deal possible). It is on the list to do this week though.

Picked up my shocks from Tom Morris at UTV Shocks yesterday.  Super quick turn around as they were done over the weekend.  

Probably start tearing the car down this weekend.   

shocks new.jpg

Roughly what does Tom charge to do the valving and springs for a set of 4?

Is there any machining or parts changing ? 

Roughly what does Tom charge to do the valving and springs for a set of 4?

Is there any machining or parts changing ? 
He charges $2500.  Springs, valving, internal bypass tube work (he was the first do this on the X3 and in fact probably knows more about internal bypass shocks than just about anyone), he machines some parts and some welding as well.   Here is a list of what they do:

http://utvshocks.com/xrs-shock-mods.html

He is super cool dude.   He has been around a long time.  He was part of PPI and helped out with Ivan Stewart's race program and a few others. His partner Gary Fries has been around a long time too.  I met Gary many years ago back in the Rhino days through another friend.

Finally got motivated and  started working on my X3.  I removed all rear stock rear suspension yesterday.  Put my Super ATV trailing arms, Cognito Motorsports radius rods, TMW pull plate, ZRP trailing arm braces and some Rock Knockers rock guards.

That TMW radius rod plate is good times when you are doing it by yourself. Fortunately is had all the radius rods off the rear hub so it made it a little better.  TMW makes quality stuff and never disappoints.

Only thing that gave me some fits was the ZRP brace on the drivers side. It did not want to line up and had to fight with it.  Not sure why as the other side went on no problem.  I was not sure if the ZRP braced and the Rock Knockers would play nice with each other due to how the Rock Knockers use the swaybar mount.  I took a chance and bought them anyway.  I was happy to find out the braces work fine with the Rock Knockers.

Long day, but making progress. Next up will be the front end.  That will be a lot more work as I went with a TMW gusset kit, which requires a lot more work than the HMF kit I used on my last X3.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Nice to see Can Am actually put grease on the axles splines on the transmission side.  

9.jpg

ZRP braces should prevent the sway bar mounting area from developing cracks later on down the line.  It reduces the flex in that area.

I think I need some Yosemite Sam on the Rock Knockers or maybe the chrome ladies.  LOL!   

5.jpg

6.jpg

The TMW plate is really nice and will keep everything in place.  In hindsight I should of done the radius rod nut plates that convert everything so you can take one bolt out at a time.    It took a little juggling but with the radius rods not connected to the hub getting everything lined up was not to bad. 

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like these Super Atv trailing arms.  They are well built and for the money can't be beat.  The did have 100 miles on them with my other X3. 

I got to use my Speed tool kit, which is by far the handiest took kit.   

11.jpg

10.jpg

@Sand Shark please don't troll the Speed guys outside the designated Speed trolling thread.... :thanks:

Looks like your SxS is coming along now...nice.

@Sand Shark please don't troll the Speed guys outside the designated Speed trolling thread.... :thanks:

Looks like your SxS is coming along now...nice.
Thanks

Fine I will play nice.  LOL!   I really do like my Speed tool kit.   

They will make the playoffs.   The Padres are 50/50.   LMAO!!!!  
50/50 might be generous. They are having a typical San Diego sports team meltdown. 

BUT.....I will never be a Dodger fan. The worst part is I am part of the Dodger Ownership Trophy Truck team. All our gear is Dodger blue 🤮

50/50 might be generous. They are having a typical San Diego sports team meltdown. 

BUT.....I will never be a Dodger fan. The worst part is I am part of the Dodger Ownership Trophy Truck team. All our gear is Dodger blue 🤮
Wow that must be painful when you have to put on the team gear.    That is a fun offroad team to follow.  

I am guessing you don't wear your Padre gear around the team owner. 

Back