Can Am X3 part duex - the build/decorating of the new one

For sure need a 12 paddle.  Not sure if I want the Talon or the Extreme paddle.  Hopefully I can try a set of Talon's out.  

No real rush as nobody has them in stock right now. 
Do what my buddy is doing. Send them to Skat Trak and they will convert your old ones to the new design. He's getting new 12 paddle Talons mounted for approx $500

That's about 1/2 price of new ones. 

Do what my buddy is doing. Send them to Skat Trak and they will convert your old ones to the new design. He's getting new 12 paddle Talons mounted for approx $500

That's about 1/2 price of new ones. 
That is a good idea.  Skat said they can make me up some new tires.  I did not think to ask if they can take my current tires and make them into a 12 paddle.  

I ended up finding some 12 paddle Sandcraft with the Extreme paddle.  My friend found them for me at Nash Powersports in AZ.  He brought them to me this past week in Glamis and I have them mounted at Gilmores.   12 paddle is so much better.  No more excessive wheel spin and much better acceleration.   They work great in the dunes.  

Did have one mishap this week as a weld let go on my Super Atv trailing arms.  From the welders in camp and Super ATV themselves it was a poorly penetrated weld.  I think it was a freak deal.  Turns out one person had a welder in camp, another a grinder and another that could weld (@Kat-A-Tonic).  It was welded back up and it last a few dune rides. I think that section of the trailing arm was slightly bent as a it started cracking above the new weld. 

Made a few phone calls and off to Coyne for some stock trailing arms (I guess I should not of sold my stockers. LOL!).   New ones with the uniball (or whatever you call it) was not much more than what Joe Fab wanted for some beat up  trailing arms with no uniball.  

I did send pictures to Super ATV and they responded quickly.  The had a new set of trailing arms shipped out that day.  Had I know they were going to be that quick I might of had them shipped them to me in Glamis.  They were really easy to deal with and did not question anything.  Customer service gets an A+ from me. 

Overall still a a good trip. 

t7.jpg

t8.jpg

t9.jpg

@Sand Shark just curious how the clutchin on the new machine compares to your old one. Still loud and cranky with the 5000k rattle? 

@Sand Shark just curious how the clutchin on the new machine compares to your old one. Still loud and cranky with the 5000k rattle? 
I wear a helmet and have a pumper so I really do not hear anything from the clutch.   In 2020 they added some insulation in the clutch cover to deaden the clutch sound.   O

I never found the clutch on my old X3 to be loud or have any rattle.   I did have a KWI clutch kit on the old X3.  

Just got back from a nice trip to Glamis.  Dunes were pretty empty Thursday and most of Friday. Got a little more busy Saturday.  Actually surprised me how many groups were camping in the washes.  There was a huge group in wash 10 that basically took over most of the wash. 

Covered over 260 miles this trip and burned through a good amount of fuel for a SXS. 

glamis 2022.jpg

Finally got some door bags for my car.  Hostyle makes some bags specifically for the Fabwerx doors.  They have a good amount of storage and one of the pockets is insulated to you can throw some drinks and a icepack in there to keep them cold.

I also go their bag that fits in the spare tire.  This will be good for desert trips for more storage. I am planning on getting some foam and cutting it out to keep my impact in there and some other stuff.  

I am getting ready for a trip at the end of the month.  Going to be doing part of the AZ Peace Trail starting in Yuma. 

door 1.jpg

door 2.jpg

door 4.jpg

door 3.jpg

Good choice sticking with the Extreme (12) Paddles, the Talon's look great but as one person mentioned they do not let the car slide and why that person is having issues turning in the dunes....they push the car straight! 

Good choice sticking with the Extreme (12) Paddles, the Talon's look great but as one person mentioned they do not let the car slide and why that person is having issues turning in the dunes....they push the car straight! 
That is what I was told about the Talon paddle.  I am very happy with the 12 paddle extremes.  

Finally got some door bags for my car.  Hostyle makes some bags specifically for the Fabwerx doors.  They have a good amount of storage and one of the pockets is insulated to you can throw some drinks and a icepack in there to keep them cold.

I also go their bag that fits in the spare tire.  This will be good for desert trips for more storage. I am planning on getting some foam and cutting it out to keep my impact in there and some other stuff.  

I am getting ready for a trip at the end of the month.  Going to be doing part of the AZ Peace Trail starting in Yuma. 

View attachment 26147

View attachment 26148

View attachment 26149

View attachment 26150
I've been kicking the idea around about getting those bag for my doors (same cage/doors as you). How do you like them so far? Was the price right?

I've been kicking the idea around about getting those bag for my doors (same cage/doors as you). How do you like them so far? Was the price right?
They seem to be well made and durable.  Much more durable than the PRP bags for the stock doors.  A lot more storage and pockets than the PRP bags.  As you know there is not a lot of storage space on the X3.  So this will provide plenty for my long desert trips.   

They were not cheap - I think I it was around $400 for the pair.   You have to call them directly and order.  The owner actually took my order while driving to the BITD race in Parker.  LOL!

If you need the number let me know.  

If you need the number let me know.  
I know Thad gave it to me once upon a time, but cannot find it, so yes please.

Also how much clearance do you have between the bag and the side of the seat (looks like you have the stock seats)? I have Simpson seats and the padded edges extend above the lower frame rail a little bit. 

Also how much clearance do you have between the bag and the side of the seat (looks like you have the stock seats)? I have Simpson seats and the padded edges extend above the lower frame rail a little bit. 
I will look when I get home.  I am currently running stock seats.

The number for Hostyle is (559)289-0065.  The owner is Dan. 

looks like plenty of clearance 

A1680689-9B8D-435A-910C-4321772C1991.jpeg

Back