Blown Head Gasket

As of right now we are only using them for the motors we are building, if we get caught up on cnc parts we might list them, 
Not what you said in another post, but all good.

I know you will Parker!!!!  Kevin called you a few weeks ago, but I needed my box put back together faster then you could do the cryo.  Next time!!!!!
We are trying to do more cryo tank runs. right now we do one every other week.

Would rather have you miss out on cryo then miss out on a dune trip.

I know you will Parker!!!!  Kevin called you a few weeks ago, but I needed my box put back together faster then you could do the cryo.  Next time!!!!!
I had been looking into this also, but I’m in the same boat, I have a time crunch. This would be a good thing to do for sure if it was in the off season.  

3 different transaxle builders in AZ that I have used, none of them keep gears.  Bearings, seals etc.  Sure, but not gears, cases etc.
So I can admit when I’m way off and you were right. I picked up my transmission last night and Dave at McDowell said he waiting for a long time to get his hands on some ring and pinions and bought as many as he could, which wasn’t a whole lot. I guess I got lucky in one aspect of being able to get one put in that he had on hand. Otherwise I would have been screwed. Sorry man, I guess I am new. 😂

So I can admit when I’m way off and you were right. I picked up my transmission last night and Dave at McDowell said he waiting for a long time to get his hands on some ring and pinions and bought as many as he could, which wasn’t a whole lot. I guess I got lucky in one aspect of being able to get one put in that he had on hand. Otherwise I would have been screwed. Sorry man, I guess I am new. 😂
All good.  Glad you got it done quickly.

OK so Trans is done, great! Now, what is your plan for the engine? You mentioned “time to upgrade”. What are you going with? 

OK so Trans is done, great! Now, what is your plan for the engine? You mentioned “time to upgrade”. What are you going with? 
I was hoping to take it in and get the motor repaired, but after looking at what it was inside decided to go new. I’ve wanted to get an Alper built 415 or bigger, that was my goal for a while and still is, but with time I had this builder take care of it. He was recommended by my equipment mechanic and I made some phone calls to a few different shops and people who know their stuff more than me and was all told the guy is awesome. 
So ultimately I Decided to start all over and go with an LS3 block. It’ll be a 415 and He’s going to build it to handle a SC in the future. Bigger springs, trunnion rockers, chrome pushrods, cam and crank and 40(?) injectors. I’ll use the the fast intake and 102 throttle body and some ported heads. I know all head studs and good parts will be used.
After reading alpers recommendations I was able to act like I knew what I was talking about.  

But seriously tho, I told Chris what I wanted and I’m trusting him to build me a solid motor. My last motor was a super fast (I thought) motor at about 400-425(?) and it did great. This one will be faster at maybe 525? and I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy.
I’m still going to look into an Alper motor after the season when time isnt a huge factor. 
q

I was hoping to take it in and get the motor repaired, but after looking at what it was inside decided to go new. I’ve wanted to get an Alper built 415 or bigger, that was my goal for a while and still is, but with time I had this builder take care of it. He was recommended by my equipment mechanic and I made some phone calls to a few different shops and people who know their stuff more than me and was all told the guy is awesome. 
So ultimately I Decided to start all over and go with an LS3 block. It’ll be a 415 and He’s going to build it to handle a SC in the future. Bigger springs, trunnion rockers, chrome pushrods, cam and crank and 40(?) injectors. I’ll use the the fast intake and 102 throttle body and some ported heads. I know all head studs and good parts will be used.
After reading alpers recommendations I was able to act like I knew what I was talking about.  

But seriously tho, I told Chris what I wanted and I’m trusting him to build me a solid motor. My last motor was a super fast (I thought) motor at about 400-425(?) and it did great. This one will be faster at maybe 525? and I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy.
I’m still going to look into an Alper motor after the season when time isnt a huge factor. 
q
Are you budgeting something better than a 2D?  If not, you may want to start keeping R&Ps, and gears in your own stash...

Back