BFD Revo opinions

Funco Hustle Gen 3 -I had it for about 5 years -  handled amazing for Dune runs - very quick, fast, nimble.  Light car and handled like a slot car in tight dunes and great in big dunes.  I don't have exact numbers but wheel base is slightly less than gen 4.  The result is it's not the best in whoops.  Overall - amazing car.    

DSC03347.JPG

DSC03364.JPG

DSC03368.JPG

I'd love to build a "new" Hustler.  I totally understand why Funco isn't focused on that part of the  market right now, no dig intended.  But I wish I could get a modern Hustler as a roller to build out.  

-TJ

I'd love to build a "new" Hustler.  I totally understand why Funco isn't focused on that part of the  market right now, no dig intended.  But I wish I could get a modern Hustler as a roller to build out.  

-TJ
They got caught up in the LT craze back in the early 2000's when mid travel was out and LT was the next big thing, and never looked back, and never had too.

I wonder if the powers that be are interested in building or resurrecting an overlooked gem for the average duner. That being said I am blown away by how much more the parts for a car cost now compared to 4 years ago. Freaking ridiculous. The only cure for out of control inflation is a recession.

Add the words “off road “ or “boat “ and prices go through the roof. 

I have a Colorado Sandcars SS2. Car is immaculate, and still brand new. Only got taken out buy the OG owner 4 times and was told it scared him. Ended up taking the flats back to camp and never got in the power. With that said, there’s not much power to begin with lol. It’s a NA J32 mated to a 2D. Very lightweight, I can lift the front wheels off the ground. Me and a buddy just picked it up from the original owner out of Colorado. It’s a temporary car until I get my new one finished. Taking it to St. Anthony next week and will have some feedback on it if interested. Not in a hurry to sell it, but it will be sold at some point. IMG_9669.jpegIMG_9670.jpegIMG_9663.jpegIMG_9666.jpegIMG_9661.jpeg 

It’s very similar in size to the BFD, and a turbo and tune would do wonders for it Im sure. 

Cool car !. I'm limited to 13'-4" cargo. Just had my X3 shocks upgraded with valving and eibach springs. Going to do another season with it. 

Not that it matters much as a lot of companies have come and gone - but BFD in Ramona who built the revo looks to have gone out of business in the last few months or so. Russ and the most recent owner Steven were both good people - sad to see it go (i never met the original OG owner).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression that Steven took over. For me it doesn't matter anymore. Hope if he did takeover he does well and has good business sense.

Not that it matters much as a lot of companies have come and gone - but BFD in Ramona who built the revo looks to have gone out of business in the last few months or so. Russ and the most recent owner Steven were both good people - sad to see it go (i never met the original OG owner).
Yeah the OG's of BFD were from an Indy car family. Built some cool cars. Sad that they went under. The market for custom built sand cars has all but disappeared. 

Dang it !. I paid $39 k for my DD LT back in 05 !. Sure it had a ls1, 2d and 930's but WTF. 

I'm sure there are still a couple of peeps on this site  that remember the " Xtreme Motorsports " days.

Back