Bel Ray Molylube Anti-Seize CV Joint Grease Compound

L.R.S. You do realize that you are better off buying just the BelRay @ $32.00 tube instead of the 50/50 at $29.00.
I bought 6 tubes of straight BelRay and 4 tubes of 50/50 mix, total was $332 shipped to my door.  I think he said $34 for the BelRay and $32 for the 50/50.  Having to only use one grease gun while doing CV's will be more convenient so the small extra cost is worth it to me, considering I average 4 sets of CV's a month.  I'll try the 50/50 in my car for this season and see how it holds up. If it works I'll buy more from Foddrill (sorry Kartek) and start using it in clients cars.  

on another note i know its not supposed to be in this thread but i was in Instagram earlier and Gear One was advertising their cvs 934 and 930 said they had stock. I remember reading somewhere people having a hard time getting stars the stuff they were advertising were rem polished
Yes we have 934, 930, and type 2 bus in stock.

The EMPI CVs are okay, we have them in stock rem polished. I don't advertise them but I recommend them as a good spare to keep in the trailer.

Here is our GKN 934 specs

• GKN CV
  • GEAR ONE SUPER CAGE
  • PRECISION MACHINED CV BODY
  • RACE PREPPED
  • 1/2" BOLT HOLES
  • 33 or 35 SPLINE
  • DEEP CRYOGENIC TREATMENT
  • REM ISOTROPIC SUPER FINISHED

Got my order yesterday, overnight shipping.  The 50/50 Swepco/BelRay mix is in a tube and not marked so I'll mark the myself so they don't get mixed up or forgotten about.  The straight BelRay is in a tube but not from BelRay so it seems true that Foddrills buys in bulk and packages it all themselves.  I like that it's all in caulking tubes that I can cut open.  Easier to use than a hand pump grease gun with a hose and needle tip.

Weird to say I'm looking forward to the next CV prep job but I am.  My sales guy buddy at Kartek text and asked what they cost and turns out Kartek charges the same as Foddrill for the straight BelRay to the exact dollar with CA sales tax.

20210929_180652[1].jpg

Great thread , thank you gentlemen just ordered 2 tubes from Foddrill

Only the 50/50 come unmarked. all the straight bel-ray come marked as such. 

My 50/50 is unmarked.

I have not ordered straight bel-ray from them, but I will after I get done with CVs soon and see how much grease I have.

LRS, My tubes were marked with a sticker. 
My order was the same as the guys post above. Straight BelRay is marked (in my picture) but the 50/50 is not marked. Not a huge deal, I have a Sharpie.

So I finally pulled my axles after running 164 for 1 short season,  CVS are junk. Stars are pitted, body's are pitted.... eff me

So I finally pulled my axles after running 164 for 1 short season,  CVS are junk. Stars are pitted, body's are pitted.... eff me
Sorry to hear it, but appreciate yoy positing about the experience with 164. 934s? 

I ran Neo CV 500. CV's looked great after a season but trans CV's had very little grease compared to when I used the 50/50 mix. Also it's more expensive so I went back to the mix.  From what I'm reading I would go with the Neo before I would try the 164. I tried red and tacky one year and it's water. 

Have your CVs lasted longer with other grease? What angle are you at? 930s or 934s? Weight of car? HP?

Has anyone ever tried what OEMs put in their CVs?  Honda has/had different compounds for inner vs outer CVs too.  One green/blueish, the other mustard yellow.

I've pulled apart OE axles with near 100k on them, grease is still thick.  Granted, they don't run 20* constantly, and aren't getting hammered by 500hp.  But the grease will last a decade+ doing 80mph for 5 hours straight no sweat.

Has anyone ever tried what OEMs put in their CVs?  Honda has/had different compounds for inner vs outer CVs too.  One green/blueish, the other mustard yellow.

I've pulled apart OE axles with near 100k on them, grease is still thick.  Granted, they don't run 20* constantly, and aren't getting hammered by 500hp.  But the grease will last a decade+ doing 80mph for 5 hours straight no sweat.
Factory front drive vehicles have almost no angle on the joints except when making a turn, sure they last 100k plus miles, but 90% of their life is with 0 angle. No angle = no heat = long life.

a car has 6 inches of wheel travel and the only time the have high angles is when your making hard turns in a parkin lot. with low angels the joints barley turn internally and that why they last so long i think any grease would work in a car. the application is totally different  

Factory front drive vehicles have almost no angle on the joints except when making a turn, sure they last 100k plus miles, but 90% of their life is with 0 angle. No angle = no heat = long life.
we think alike at the same time lol

a car has 6 inches of wheel travel and the only time the have high angles is when your making hard turns in a parkin lot. with low angels the joints barley turn internally and that why they last so long i think any grease would work in a car. the application is totally different  
Well apparently we think alike 🤔 

Back