Arizona Pro's & Con's

Unless you ride a motorcycle and can't get home. LOL
Not a big deal, street bikes scare the shiat out of me, LOL.  Doesn't stop my neighbor with three street bikes in his garage.  The lake doesn't allow jet skis either, crazy, HA.  I do see SxS's driving on the street all of the time, Community Patrol isn't smart enough to know the difference between them and Golf Carts.

My point, if you live in the city flatlands, Torrance to Santa Ana, Havasu wins every argument that it is better.  I bought on the water in Canyon Lake 3.5 years ago for $675K.  I have lived here for 22 years now; it is a great place to raise a family.  Kids got to ride MC out the gates growing up, wakeboarded weekly, played golf...............They loved it, now they come back and visit all of the time.  That is the goal, create a place where your grandkids and kids want to come visit and spend time with you.  At least that is my goal, Glamis is the same goal.  Multi generations hanging out enjoying each other.

Either way, set your life up for the future and make sure you do it for the right reasons.  I do love to have friends in Havasu or even Big Bear, I am not shy crashing at their pads, HAHA.

I’ve been having to go to the scottsdale to visit my sister at the mayo clinic recently and im moving my 83 year old mother to chandler  next friday to be Closer to her. 

i cant stand the phoenix valley. But im just a country boy. All cities have the same effect on me

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think that the weather in the Az is a deterrent, wait until you meet all the relocated Californians that tell you about it.  F*ckers are worse than vegans, crossfitters, and the LGBTQlhohllj,...combined.  We just moved here from "enter shitville California", it's great... :vomit:

THEN you have to deal with their compete and utter inability to drive... Your freeways suck, ours don't.  AT MINIMUM do the f*cking speed limit!!!

If its moving for retirement, I'd look at Nv or Tx, as they don't tax retirement income. Az is nice if you can find the right piece of land, but you still have lots of taxes... not compared to CA, but still lots. You have 8%+ sales tax, and food is not exempt. Property taxes need to be figured for both county, fire, school, and municipal rates, which can add up depending on the specific locations. Fuel taxes aren't bad, but the base price is pegged to what the CA price is, so it is still more expensive than Tx. 

If you can find land, and don't mind the cold, Wy is worth a look. Its got no one around, and not many folks from CA want to move there, with CO so close by. 

If you think that the weather in the Az is a deterrent, wait until you meet all the relocated Californians that tell you about it.  F*ckers are worse than vegans, crossfitters, and the LGBTQlhohllj,...combined.  We just moved here from "enter shitville California", it's great... :vomit:

THEN you have to deal with their compete and utter inability to drive... Your freeways suck, ours don't.  AT MINIMUM do the f*cking speed limit!!!
And use a Effing turn signal already!!

I been wanting to Move to AZ for Years. Golden Valley is the area I want to be in. I know thats not fancy but My Uncle and Aunt have a place there and its quiet and nice to me. When I was married we had a plan and well that didnt go through. The house even in this area that I have been looking were 175kish and now well over 350k which is way too much in my opinion for the area. I have a friend that lives in Bullhead and she said just move already and get a 16 an hour job it doesnt cost that much to live here which I disagree with that math as 16 an hour won't cut it.My Aunt lives alone now that my Uncle Passed and she said she would rent me a room for a bit so that might be a option but we will see. I do Hope I can get out there sooner than later
Most jobs are 22-28 an hour to start. no good help out here at all

AZ isn't for us, maybe there is something we are not seeing but what I'm reading here isn't changing my mind either.

:moof:

Trying to retire where I live now or it will be completely different place, not a lesser version of the west coast.
Homers gonna homer.

Homers gonna homer.
So how's life in Tennessee?

MWW+SEPTEMBER+28+LAWRENCECBURG+TN-640w.jpg

If its moving for retirement, I'd look at Nv or Tx, as they don't tax retirement income. Az is nice if you can find the right piece of land, but you still have lots of taxes... not compared to CA, but still lots. You have 8%+ sales tax, and food is not exempt. Property taxes need to be figured for both county, fire, school, and municipal rates, which can add up depending on the specific locations. Fuel taxes aren't bad, but the base price is pegged to what the CA price is, so it is still more expensive than Tx. 

If you can find land, and don't mind the cold, Wy is worth a look. Its got no one around, and not many folks from CA want to move there, with CO so close by. 
I thought I read that AZ does not tax retirement income as well? 

I’ve been doing a little research and it appears that you can conceal carry in AZ without a permit. 

I’ve been doing a little research and it appears that you can conceal carry in AZ without a permit. 
If you are a resident and have a state issued Driver's License or ID.  It's a "Constitutional Carry State".

I did go through the class for more info and to be there for support for my wife (didn't need to because I have a DD-214) but it allows me to carry in 38 states, but of course not CA.

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't need to because I have a DD-214) but it allows me to carry in 38 states, but of course not CA.
this is interesting statement.  I need to look into this............

Reactions: Mac
Back