All new 2024 canam x3

240hp and a 7 speed DCT don’t suck!   The suspension  looks like it works in the videos just not pleasing on the eyes. 

claimed 25” of front wheel travel and 26” in the rear.  77”wide.   

lots of cool technology with the new Can am.  

Can’t wait to see one in person at the Sand show.   Maybe the front suspension does not look as funky in person 

240hp and a 7 speed DCT don’t suck!   The suspension  looks like it works in the videos just not pleasing on the eyes. 

claimed 25” of front wheel travel and 26” in the rear.  77”wide.   

lots of cool technology with the new Can am.  

Can’t wait to see one in person at the Sand show.   Maybe the front suspension does not look as funky in person 
Hoping the same with the suspension in real world use. The Dct is the biggest hopeful improvement the motor is the biggest let down in my opinion. Still under 1000cc when Rotax has plenty of reliable power proving engines to pick from and still on a stator. They chit the bed on leaping in front of the competition only bumping the HP (not implying the public needs 300+HP)

Reactions: FOG
Hoping the same with the suspension in real world use. The Dct is the biggest hopeful improvement the motor is the biggest let down in my opinion. Still under 1000cc when Rotax has plenty of reliable power proving engines to pick from and still on a stator. They chit the bed on leaping in front of the competition only bumping the HP (not implying the public needs 300+HP)
I was surprised they did not use a bigger sea doo motor.  I guarantee the new motor is capable of 260hp or more on 91 octane.  Can Am always leaves room for more.

if the tuners can programs the ecu an E85 tune will be in the 300+hp range.

I wonder how big the stator is on the new motor.  Better be a lot to handle all the electronics.   Alternator would have been nice.  

I think it is going in the right direction to be a game changer. The trans is really the selling point for the car. I too wish it would have done a little more on the HP bump. Not sure I dig the 6 bolt wheel idea. Why not use studs? 

I don’t really think this is a game changer. Honda came out with the Talon in 2019 that has a DCT. Add a turbo that gets you close to 200 hp at half the price. 

Ugly as sin.  And i think the DCT is going to be too complicated for most sxs owners. This will result in lots of transmission issues that are self inflicted.  

1750watts on the stator. I think the previous was 1250 or 1400 without the added technology 
Current stator is 800 or 850.   This new stator is huge and what should of been on them to power all the lights and accessories.   I am hoping this new stator can be put on the X3 motors.   

Ugly as sin.  And i think the DCT is going to be too complicated for most sxs owners. This will result in lots of transmission issues that are self inflicted.  
DCT has an automatic mode which is what most will use just like on the Honda Talon.   Guessing the auto mode will shift faster than what most can do with the paddle shifters.   Motor has an 8500 rpm rev limiter and people that do not pay attention when using the paddle shifters will be bouncing off the rev limiter.   

I don’t really think this is a game changer. Honda came out with the Talon in 2019 that has a DCT. Add a turbo that gets you close to 200 hp at half the price. 
Honda with a Jackson turbo is 160ish hp.    I think the Can Am DCT has more going on then the Honda.  How many speeds is the Honda?

I agree not a game changer, but certainly raised the bar.  

Very interesting, despite the awkward looking suspension - they will sell them like hot cakes.

9 outta 10 New SXS's that come out each year people say how ugly they are :lol:

Did he really say $62,000???????????
That's fully loaded with everything on it people usually end up adding in the aftermarket (comms, giant stereo, nav, lights, etc).  Now you you finance it all through Can Am vice Can Am/Affirm. :biggrin:

Honda with a Jackson turbo is 160ish hp.    I think the Can Am DCT has more going on then the Honda.  How many speeds is the Honda?

I agree not a game changer, but certainly raised the bar.  
Talon is 6 speed. And unless it's a factory turbo, IDGAF.

Back