AEM ECU flooding engine

Alright , the engine is tuned and running good.  Still couldn't figure out why it was spraying all over before but with it being tuned, it is running as it should.  The tuner did have to set the RPM limit to 5100 because my dad is still using stock injectors and it was running out of fuel after that.  With larger injectors the guy said it should make about 400 at the wheels.

So I guess we'll just say it was a bad tune for his engine that caused it.  Weird that it ran on my car with no issues.
Injectors are inexpensive.  That engine is barely getting going at 5k.

I would not accept a 5100 RPM tune. Did the guy bump the fuel pressure up? Did he modify when VTEC kicks in? He tuned out the "fun part" of the motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they are, but he doesn't have time to get them, install them and have it tuned for them by this Tuesday when he leaves.

I would not accept a 5100 RPM tune. Did the guy bump the fuel pressure up? Did he modify when VTEC kicks in? He tuned out the "fun part" of the motor.
I know, but that's his option until after Vets day and Thanksgiving when he can get a set and install them.

True, but isn't stock red line about 6200 anyway?  only going to miss the the last bit of top RPM.  If he keeps it to dunning and not racing to around it'll be ok.  Won't be the most fun he has in his car but it'll run better than it spitting out fuel and water all over while driving or using the stock ECU.

True, but isn't stock red line about 6200 anyway?  only going to miss the the last bit of top RPM.  If he keeps it to dunning and not racing to around it'll be ok.  Won't be the most fun he has in his car but it'll run better than it spitting out fuel and water all over while driving or using the stock ECU.
The stock rev limit is closer to 6500.  He's missing out on almost 25%, and gonna be ALL OVER that rev limiter in bigger bowls...

With the ability to turn it up, I'd set it to a rev somewhere a bit higher than where it starts to lose power.  Which is going to probably be pretty deep into the 7s.  Remember, the limit that came with the base tune was 8k.

The stock rev limit is closer to 6500.  He's missing out on almost 25%, and gonna be ALL OVER that rev limiter in bigger bowls...

With the ability to turn it up, I'd set it to a rev somewhere a bit higher than where it starts to lose power.  Which is going to probably be pretty deep into the 7s.  Remember, the limit that came with the base tune was 8k.
Well it was their collective decision and its done.  After Thanksgiving my dad will have the new injectors and have it changed.  Like I said before, at least it is drivable right now.

Back