3.2 -3.5 honda running issue

not sure what to do next i can drive 4 miles from home fans cycled .. it  will accell fine right past 4 k get down bottom of the same hill turn corner stick my foot half may down FAST  and right at 3800 or so it bobbles almost feals like a rev limiter ..... i could flor it and  it will not just go  blaaaa like it has bannana up its rear .. its something to do with the fast transition...what controls the cam to change lobes thats what im thinking               . taking tonight off   thanks every one 

yes on knock sensor thats about the only thing i fixed ... i drove it 2 times ago came back n scanned it .there  was tranny code and computer failure code thats it .. so is computer code because its not  seeing tranny stuff ??? before i was chasing stapping throttle  issue now im more  on the 3800 ish missing im out of ideas i watched video on a complete tear down of a j32 a3 motor showed cams n how v tec works it was pretty good  im still going to change oil and check screen behind oil filter housing .. people i talk to say get rit of stock computer  but juet not sure what to try nex.......................

hers a little issue this motor is a j32a2 not a j35 plug numbers are different    the plug im using is 1 number off plugs i took out but google says lol its not the right plug ....should i re gap them smaller?? just dont understand why it misses at 3800 or so and sometimes on fast accell  .. guess could be a tank vent but its  not much different from my sand car thats a easy thing to change 
Did you change the gap on the plugs?

The P1607 may cause issues on occasion, but you said the problem was still there with your friend's ecu as well. 

Do you have the ability to data log while you run it up the street?

I’m putting at 35 
Looks like I found the real problem took timing covers off lf cam off a tooth rt not much better damper has 1/4 inch key way grove.. key is bad damper bad washer  is bad  ps block thing in middle bolts stripped dam !! Some people should not work on cars !!! 

B4B8680A-24CD-43A1-9378-20224701B0F7.jpeg

4DBEC95E-1B30-4102-9C2A-4635DF5D74DE.jpeg

FD14A4AF-0FF7-4858-932B-637EDFA8027C.jpeg

61939267-5D72-49E5-8E5A-A5BA6E8518BB.jpeg

THANK EVERONE HELPING ME FIGURE THIS OUT ...90 PERCENT OF ISSUES ON THIS CAR HAS BEEN FROM OTHER PEOPLE NOT DOING A GOOD JOB ,,,,THIS MOTOR CAM FROM A SHOP IN ARIZONA NO NAMES NEEDED  KEEP YOU INFORMED THANKS ..............

Cool, now you have a path forward (Un-cool, someone else shot you in the foot..)

I thought of that but I thought I would run like chit throughout the entire power band... that's a weird one, good catch!

Nothing was loose had to use a 4ft piece of pipe to loosen bolt took oil pan and oil pump housing off resealed it all cam n crank seals new tensioner pulleys belt new damper spent 300 in parts not bad ., It’s back together and runs great just went for a drive pulls hard no issues.. Thanks everyone for your help !!!! 

Nothing was loose had to use a 4ft piece of pipe to loosen bolt took oil pan and oil pump housing off resealed it all cam n crank seals new tensioner pulleys belt new damper spent 300 in parts not bad ., It’s back together and runs great just went for a drive pulls hard no issues.. Thanks everyone for your help !!!! 

84E31335-DF9F-4BEF-AF2E-8B65087C0CF9.jpeg

A1B28B6D-8EF6-4020-83A2-6EC399DE7FB9.jpeg

Back