3.2 -3.5 honda running issue

so its sunday 25th latest update fixed exhaust  fixed  o 2 sensor and put a vvt solenoid on it took off had a little bobble then got on long up hill road it ran perfect pulled hard into 4th gear.. i did bump fuel press up to 50 at idle vacuum line  on ,,, so was crusing around got some gas.. engine hot now got on freeway got on it and started missing AGAIN i could drop rpm down to 3500 then pull up and right at 3800 it would miss drop down and it did it again ..can drive past it ran 4400 down freeway no issues ... i did get a new code p1399 witch is a random misfire .. NOT SURE WHERE TO GO ANY HELP thanks ........

0EDBBA4E-1ADF-42D5-8364-D4AAFA5005C2.png

B6C988FB-434E-4811-8417-281853D415A8.jpeg

If you are not running the stock fuel pressure regulator .  Try moving the after market regulator and the fuel line away from heat (the head and anything else that produces heat) and could increase the temperature of the fuel.  Make sure the fuel lines do not have a flaper (restriction) that would mess with the return fuel to gas tank,  Make sure gas tank is properely vented.

If you get random misfires which does not point to individual cylinders It is normally due to a fuel problem.  A boosted engine will random misfire if the spark plug gap is to wide.  They usually need to be set 25 thousands.  Make sure the ecm is properely grounded and the two positives are not reversed.  The crank sensor and the vehicle speed pinout must be tied together with a good connection for the engine to rev properely.  If you hook up a live data obdII it should show that you are going around 5 mph at idle.  

If you are not running the stock fuel pressure regulator .  Try moving the after market regulator and the fuel line away from heat (the head and anything else that produces heat) and could increase the temperature of the fuel.  Make sure the fuel lines do not have a flaper (restriction) that would mess with the return fuel to gas tank,  Make sure gas tank is properely vented.

If you get random misfires which does not point to individual cylinders It is normally due to a fuel problem.  A boosted engine will random misfire if the spark plug gap is to wide.  They usually need to be set 25 thousands.  Make sure the ecm is properely grounded and the two positives are not reversed.  The crank sensor and the vehicle speed pinout must be tied together with a good connection for the engine to rev properely.  If you hook up a live data obdII it should show that you are going around 5 mph at idle.  

THANKS ILL LOOK AT SCANNER LATER TODAY and i can talk to my friend that wired the car ,, my aftermarket regulator is not on head its on roll bar  return line is a straight shot back to tank and i did have issues before i put reg on it,,, it has a dirt bike vent valve ...thanks again ill keep posting still its fixed!!!!!!

Are you sure that the vent is big enough ?
i can remove it just to see im up for any thing at this point .. BUTit misses at 3800 rpm and you can drive past it   if it was a vent problem you would think it will have issues all the time 

Have you checked the voltage drop across the fuel pump? Or even been able to see the voltage from the alternator as you’re cruising?

looks like could be wrong plugs bought from auto zone   zfr5fix 11     the ones i took out where pzfr6e  i have not ck any voltage readings some of codes do say hi voltage but i think that was o 2 sensors 

looks like could be wrong plugs bought from auto zone   zfr5fix 11     the ones i took out where pzfr6e  i have not ck any voltage readings some of codes do say hi voltage but i think that was o 2 sensors 
i just checked that plug it said 2002 honda ody but if they come gaped at44 i dont think i closed gap up 

You mentioned that it ran great and then you got gas and it acted up again.... As you said, it was about the time it got hot (I assume you mean up to temperature) but something to think about. (Funky fuel pump, venting, fuel lines collapsed, etc) If it runs fine cold and only acts up when warmed up, I would definitely be rechecking my wires, grounds, and sensor resistances.  Maybe even redo your grounds..

Last edited by a moderator:
hers a little issue this motor is a j32a2 not a j35 plug numbers are different    the plug im using is 1 number off plugs i took out but google says lol its not the right plug ....should i re gap them smaller?? just dont understand why it misses at 3800 or so and sometimes on fast accell  .. guess could be a tank vent but its  not much different from my sand car thats a easy thing to change 

took vent apart on tank its really small like 2 or 3 mm hose going to put a 3/8 hose on it the more i post the stupid  er i feel    ...lol...

hers a little issue this motor is a j32a2 not a j35 plug numbers are different    the plug im using is 1 number off plugs i took out but google says lol its not the right plug ....should i re gap them smaller?? just dont understand why it misses at 3800 or so and sometimes on fast accell  .. guess could be a tank vent but its  not much different from my sand car thats a easy thing to change 
They don't come from Autozone gapped correctly, at least that is my experience, always check gap.

took vent apart on tank its really small like 2 or 3 mm hose going to put a 3/8 hose on it the more i post the stupid  er i feel    ...lol...
take the cap off (or turn it lose & tape it on, so it wont fall out). & go for a drive........ 

no go on tank vent did the same crap light throttle no problem the second you try to stick your foot in it   it    bobbles total shut down not 1 cylinder   ,,thinking time for a dyno run at least they can tell me if its a fuel issue  ,, try to upload a video from my phone  beer time !!!!!!

After last tank vent test drive only had 2 codes not related.. Now I’m thinking to try a oil additive and a change after maybe it’s got a dirty oil passage up to rockers witch is holding back v Tec from working ..   Keep Trying !!!! Oil is free for me !! 

IMG_5466.MOV

IMG_5448.MOV

Attachments

Even if the vtec didn't physically engage it will rev beyond 4k.  Just be kinda lazy at the top.

Unplug the solenoid to see if it makes a difference.  That truly is free.  You will only get on shot at it before it codes and limits to 2500ish.

Back