1962 Corvette Resto Mod build

Curious on the appraisal.  Watching the amount of work and attention to detail I doubt it will be enough.

For grins I just had an appraisal done for this car. Anyone want to guess?
I'd say $100k - $150k if you sell it on your own.

$1.5m at Mecum Auction.  :lol: There are too many buyers at Mecum that have more money than brains.  :makerain:

Last edited by a moderator:

I have just parked this in the corner and covered it up. Probably won't do the final finishing on this car until my truck is built. Guessing another year. Thought about selling it and still on the fence about it. Normally at BJ there are 4-5 Resto C1s built to this level. This year there were 22. I have tracked all the values and thinking price for this car has come down. It also has a couple of things going against it. First it is yellow. Second you can't get a very big tire on the rear since the convertible top was kept. Everyone wants the big tires and I guess don't drive them in the heat. 245 wide tire I think would be the biggest. When we were at BJ I talked to this guy for a while. Guessed his car would go for $400k and it went for $440k. https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1962-CHEVROLET-CORVETTE-CUSTOM-CONVERTIBLE-271035

My guess was way low!

With the amount of time and detail you put into this car, I would have a hard time not keeping it! It was fun following this thread from beginning to end.

My guess was way low!

With the amount of time and detail you put into this car, I would have a hard time not keeping it! It was fun following this thread from beginning to end.
Car appraised a year ago at $295k. Numbers this year are all over the place all the way from $178k to $550k. Problem with this car is it was not built to sell. Would have done a lot of things different. if that was the case.  With that said it is cool to have a convertible top that works and a car that can actually be driven. Drive it to the shop in the morning when it is still in the 80s. Then in the afternoon at 105 put the top up with AC on. I am also very tight in this car. Just a couple of inches between my knees and dash. For now I will keep it. Then finish it and decide what to do. I had told my dad I would try take my wife in this car on the Hot Rod Power tour back east. Would still be a fun trip. someday. Maybe. 

So this thing has sat for a long time. It had an aftermarket wiring harness and a GM computer that was flashed by an aftermarket company. We had some sort of electrical gremlin in the system and spent a bunch of time trying to diagnose the issue. Finally gave up and parked it. Now we are stripping the wiring completely out of it and putting one of the newest Holley computer systems in it. I hope it is electrical and not mechanical. We tested absolutely everything we could think of on the engine itself and it seems to be okay. So the computers are going to be mounted on the splash shield up inside instead of back above the fuel tank under the rear deck lid. All of that wiring and crap is going to get removed from back there.

20240814_152822.jpg

20240814_152841.jpg

20240814_152803.jpg

It's all tucked way down in there and hard to get a photo of it. You have to be leaning over the fender to see it down in there. So pretty much hidden.

20240823_103103.jpg

20240823_103237.jpg

We had to order a different pulse width modulated drop in Holley fuel pump to make this work with the new Holley computer. New pump won't be here for a week or so.

20240828_151503.jpg

20240828_151513.jpg

Back