What bike made the biggest impression on you?

I still have mine but is in pieces. Next bike is the new ktm 1290 superduke GT. Just coming back in the states this year. I will be buying one next month new

When I was a kid all I thought about was motorcycles! When I was 10, after begging and working, my dad finally surprised me with this 1970 Yamaha 125 Enduro! I slept with it in the garage for the first week I had it! I absolutely loved that bike!! When I got my drivers permit I rode it to school until I got a car. As cool as the bike was, I could only take one person with me at a time and the car was safer for the girls. 

The bike went into storage at my mom and dads house in 1977, with a little over 3000 miles on it and I lost track of it. My brother took over my parents house and I know the bike went into a storage container because I had no where for it. A few years later I heard the container got broke into and the bike was stolen! I was heart broken to say the least. 

A couple of years ago I was talking to my nephew about it and he said he was in that container and he had seen the bike!! We went over there and after some digging we found it!! Almost 40 years lost!! So I grabbed it and took it home and it now stays in my shop with everything else! 

I plan on getting it running and making it safe to ride again but not restore it and give it to my grandsons! 

View attachment 29507

View attachment 29508

View attachment 29509
Nice Datsun! That brings back memories.

Neighbor had an alcohol XR75, all tricked out.....raced it at saddleback...then he had a 914-6... always saw him pulled over getting a ticket in that thing.....he was a cool dude....

87 LTR500 aka QUADZILLA!!

Duncan Racing motor…… Nuff said!        It was the ultimate Dune machine. 

Bought a used 1980ish Hondamatic when i was 14 years old. I had a buddy with shady parents. She drove me to the house and pretended to be my mom. On the way there she asked me if she negotiates a lower price, can she keep the money?? 

I had never ridden a bike. Luckily this version didnt have a clutch. Drove it home and parked it down the street. Would wake up in the middle of the night and sneak out. Go for a ride. Talk about feeling alive!!! The smell and the vibration.

Drove it to high school a couple times. Was sketchy because i was underage and teachers could recognize me. Back then i had a ponytail and got good grades so in a way i kind of stood out. Teachers liked me and recognized me easily. 

One time i took my sister to soccer practice on it. Only had 1 helmet so i gave it to her. I remember that ride worried a cop would pull me over for no helmet. Turns out that ride is what eventually got me busted. My sister didnt know about the bike. Forget why she didnt have a ride to soccer practice. Told her dont say anything but i can give you a ride. 

One day im walking home after high school with my Mexican buddy. Get to my culdesac and the bike is gone. Some gardeners are working nearby and i ask my buddy to ask them if they saw anything. Sure enough they said a bobtail truck came and loaded the bike, and they guy looked like me!! My parents were divorced. That was my dad bringing a company work truck. 

He ended up auctioning the bike at his work. I never got the money for it. Was funny the day the bike disappeared because i didnt say squat. But could tell my mom was tripping out. Its crazy how kids can have that power over parents sometimes. Im 14 years old. What are they really going to do? (luckily for me a major ass whooping was never a thing, my dad got it bad and swore to never do the same)

Looking back it was a trip. Me and some friends took the bus down to the DMV after school. I didnt have enough money so my buddy pawned his calculator across the street from the Azusa DMV. I wait my turn and get to the register. Turns out i was still a few bucks short. No joke the DMV lady gave me the remaining cash to register the bike in my name!!! 

Sometimes when i remember the story it seems like a big fat lie. If i remember correctly i hit the DMV. Lady said im short. We pawned the calculator and just by chance got the same lady again. Told her what we did and she must have felt sorry and gave me the extra 5 bucks or so. 

Every now and then my family brings up the story. I was told 20 years later that someone ratted me out, but my moms words are that "she promised to never say who it was". So obviously it was my sister. 

Honda CB400A  3.jpg

I always wanted one of these when I was kid. 

RD400 modified with a ATC90

rd-2.jpg

rd-3.jpg

rd-4.jpg

rd-1.jpg

This is a cool ass thread! 

I have memories and stories of a few bikes in here but I was once sold the idea of selling motorcycles at a dealership. I was extremely fond of the GSX-R 600 but I didn't know how to even ride it. I promised myself I would soon buy this exact bike. I had to walk by it daily. I would sit on it at least twice a day. This was in 2002 and I loved the Telefonica scheme. Well, in 2003 I was looking for my Honda tuner to put in a GSR motor in an old civic. I had the right amount of cash but couldn't get a hold of the guy. Me wanting to be super rice racer in a civic was starting to suffer the need for speed. Then the light bulb came on! I know, I'll just go buy that GSXR that I really wanted the prior year! Besides, I wanted to go fast!! Let's do it!! Still own the bike today. Original owner and will own it forever. The only thing I've ever bought brand new. Had Quinsey deliver it to my driveway! Here it is 20 years later. I took it to the track to let it stretch its legs a bit. Still screams like the day I bought it. 

I did buy a Harley which I will also probably keep forever. Rode it all the way to Cabo and back. It's a different ride, very much welcomed. 

20211203_122332.jpg

20220713_195658.jpg

Thanks! That's my sons 71'. This is my wife's 72 that we just got back on the road a couple of months ago! 
The 240 was my absolute favorite! My mom and dad had a '71 and were members of "Group Z" when I was a kid. 

Thanks! That's my sons 71'. This is my wife's 72 that we just got back on the road a couple of months ago! 

View attachment 51185
Beautiful! I think mine was a 72. It’s the only vehicle I regret selling and wish that I still had. Lots of fun time and great memories. Glad to see people keeping them in great condition.

Back