What bike made the biggest impression on you?

As a kid I wanted this bike so bad.

R.f41d959ac93907cfee8cce64a743732b

my 2002 crf450 really impressed me as it wasnt the typical 4 stroke i had ridden before, it had a hit more like a 2 stroke. fun bike for sure.

crf450 frontside.jpg

Man that sucks you sold it.  That would be cool in the man cave.  
RE: XR75     i put an SL125 motor in one of these, used the SL rear swingarm and rear hub and laced a 14" wheel to it, made it street legal and was driving in the fast lane of the freeway when a CHP pulled me over,  he said that wasnt legal on the freeway, but i told it it had a 125 cc motor and just had enough HP to be legal.  all he could write me up for was the horn (that i installed inside the light assy) wasnt loud enough  lol

Last edited by a moderator:
20 years ago these made me happy! I used to own 3 but only 2 now. 

maxresdefault.jpg

2003 S440 Street legal and

a3c99d71a50f953dd496c74d8e35aee4.jpg

2002 E440

Borrowed pics!  :lol:  

Mine are collecting dust in the garage. :sad:  

B0AF6941-AE16-4727-9EE9-1B71AB503ED5.jpeg

I went to a country school in the 50’s and the neighbor boys came to school one day sporting a cushman eagle scooter. I somehow convinced them to let me drive it. I fell in love and went home a talked (begged)  dad into get me a bike. 

C310497D-DC52-4784-86AD-B4C58206AE34.jpeg

I got used Honda 50 with a three speed transmission kind of a rare thing. I think the motor had been switch out with one from a step threw. The 50 had a bigger sprocket on the rear and would wheelie easily. I think I rode it so much I wore it out.

image.jpg

Dad ended up getting the bug and bought a new Honda 305 dream. From there it became an addiction.

First bike was a 1969 Mini trail 50. Been hooked ever since. Some of my favorite dirt bikes were the Yamaha MX 60 and the MX 360. Switched back to Honda's and my favorite was my CR500AF from Service Honda.

My first street bike was a 1979 RD 400 Daytona Special. Had a few bikes over the years but never really got the bug until 4 years ago. My buddy got me addicted to Harleys and been riding them ever since. 

Did you swap a Subaru in it after it seized?
Haha. No but knew I needed more power and every one I saw in Glamis had cr500s. That was early 90’s and had no money. I was about 30 old and had 3 children at the time. So I bought what I could afford. Cr480 air cooled. Problem is that thing gave you arm pump in 15 min of riding. I worked harder and finally could afford a 1985 cr500. And no I didn’t keep it stock. After 3 more cr500 the last bike had a stroked motor, massive ports mikuni44 carb on methanol 

This picture is not of the particular one that I had back in 1983, but it is the same bike. Imagine riding three 1970's 250 motocross bikes (with no power valves and super peaky power bands) all at the same time and you will get the picture. It was super stable riding giant straight-line wheelies, but gave you the fear of death every time you went around a corner...

image.png

Had a 98 YZ400F  was told it was the third one sold in the US. Bike was a monster. the yz that started the 4stroke of today. was at the 97 supercross finals in vegas when Henry raced in it the 250 class. was blown away and had to have one someway.

When I was a kid all I thought about was motorcycles! When I was 10, after begging and working, my dad finally surprised me with this 1970 Yamaha 125 Enduro! I slept with it in the garage for the first week I had it! I absolutely loved that bike!! When I got my drivers permit I rode it to school until I got a car. As cool as the bike was, I could only take one person with me at a time and the car was safer for the girls. 

The bike went into storage at my mom and dads house in 1977, with a little over 3000 miles on it and I lost track of it. My brother took over my parents house and I know the bike went into a storage container because I had no where for it. A few years later I heard the container got broke into and the bike was stolen! I was heart broken to say the least. 

A couple of years ago I was talking to my nephew about it and he said he was in that container and he had seen the bike!! We went over there and after some digging we found it!! Almost 40 years lost!! So I grabbed it and took it home and it now stays in my shop with everything else! 

I plan on getting it running and making it safe to ride again but not restore it and give it to my grandsons! 

Picture 13.jpg

20190506_180457.jpg

20190506_180941.jpg

The bike I learned to ride on was something like this.  Im not sure exactly what it was, I just new it was a Honda & we ripped everything off of it that it did not need to run.  we beat the snot out of that thing in the banana fields & left it to die there. 

image.png

then things got real.... we got into riding these & went nuts on modifications & making more power.  image.jpeg

Then Kawasaki came out with the Tecate & the red/green wars were ON.

image.jpeg

After that I moved onto Street bikes & bought this in Orlando.  Boy did I put some miles on this.  it followed me from Orlando, to Philly to San Diego. 

image.png

then I moved up to this beauty.  I loved this bike.  it was so nice to ride.  I did not ride it much so off it went.

image.png

Haha. No but knew I needed more power and every one I saw in Glamis had cr500s. That was early 90’s and had no money. I was about 30 old and had 3 children at the time. So I bought what I could afford. Cr480 air cooled. Problem is that thing gave you arm pump in 15 min of riding. I worked harder and finally could afford a 1985 cr500. And no I didn’t keep it stock. After 3 more cr500 the last bike had a stroked motor, massive ports mikuni44 carb on methanol 
Relive yore youth... :deal:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/7560786060.html

Wicked Powerband on the CR500, like a light switch...On/Off

Back