What bike made the biggest impression on you?

Hi turtle

Reaction score
Saw this 1985 suzuki gsxr 750 come to market as a kid and was blown away.  Looked like a race bike for the street.  What's your bike?

Screenshot_20210506-105445_Chrome.jpg

As a kid, this:

Yamaha-YZ80-Left-Side-1.jpg

Game Changer with the single rear shock. As an adult, this:

s-l1600.jpg

Ferrari of motorcycles.  V-TWIN sounded mean, single sided swingarm.  Timeless style.

As a kid, this:

Game Changer with the single rear shock. As an adult, this:

Ferrari of motorcycles.  V-TWIN sounded mean, single sided swingarm.  Timeless style.
Sweet!  As a kid, that yz was the king....Monoshock.  I remember going to the store an swinging a leg over it.  Salesman was holding the bike since I was too small.

That 916 with the single sided swingarm is cool too.  Plus that v-twin sound.  Love it.

Had several over the years but the one that made the most impact (literally, as I was on it when hit by an illegal with no insurance :lol:  ) was my 1986 Fj1200. Image wasn't mine but identical to it. Four cylinders of air-cooled awesomeness :hethan:

fj1200.jpg

1974 XR 75 was my first bike and it was the biggest influence on me as a kid. I got lucky and got a race frame monoshock version,  like and idiot,  i sold it for $500 at the swap meet.  I would kill to have that bike back!! The image below was pretty much my exact bike , but mine had a supertrapp pipe on it.

imageproxy.jpg

Hahah,,,I just posted about the YZ250 in the other thread...

I always liked the following bikes...

1985 YAM VMAX - remember seeing it at the Motorcycle Expo in LA and they smoked a tire in the outside patio area...

90's HON NT650 Hawk because V Twin Single Swing Arm is just cool

SUZ TL1000S was pretty badass...lots of V Twin Torque

1978 HON CB550F...had it for 2 years, but never got it running...no time...but loved its cafe racer style

80's CB750 was my uncles and I used to joy ride it all the time when he was not home :lol:

70's CT70 because it was the FIRST Motorcycle I ever rode...down in Ensenada MX :crusty:

I worked at a Motorcycle Dealership in my 20's...so my love for bikes is big in the 90's era.

The 1979 Honda cr250.  Even though I raced mini bikes early in my life, dad bought me a 79 250, and I really experienced racing and riding the big bikes at age 14. The feel and power of that bike was so stimulating; I had everything at the twist of that throttle.  My friend Rick(ama pro) and I each had one, and we built so many tracks out in Proctor Valley and all we did was load up bikes in his truck every Saturday and Sunday morning and was on the tracks by 7 am.  I really learned how to ride on that bike.  My favorite bike I ever had. 
94362743-36A7-4E58-B3BF-3A4C149F13F1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Harley V-Rod...

I told my wife I had to have one!  It wasn't a want, it was a need...

20190624_103542.jpg

20190624_103615.jpg

20190624_103634.jpg

20190624_103653.jpg

The 1979 Honda cr250.  Even though I raced mini bikes early in my life, dad bought me a 79 250, and I really experienced racing and riding the big bikes at age 14. The feel and power of that bike was so stimulating; I had everything at the twist of that throttle.  My friend Rick(ama pro) and I each had one, and we built so many tracks out in Proctor Valley and all we did was load up bikes in his truck every Saturday and Sunday morning and was on the tracks by 7 am.  I really learned how to ride on that bike.  My favorite bike I ever had. 
View attachment 1608
I got a 1978 CR250 when I was around 14 as well, still in Junior high.  This is the first bike I was amble to climb Jawbone Hill climb.  This pic was taken in Kennedy Meadows around 1983 or so.

honda (2).jpg

Had several over the years but the one that made the most impact (literally, as I was on it when hit by an illegal with no insurance :lol:  ) was my 1986 Fj1200. Image wasn't mine but identical to it. Four cylinders of air-cooled awesomeness :hethan:

View attachment 1604
Land rocket!  Didn't that bike hold the top speed for that year?  

1974 XR 75 was my first bike and it was the biggest influence on me as a kid. I got lucky and got a race frame monoshock version,  like and idiot,  i sold it for $500 at the swap meet.  I would kill to have that bike back!! The image below was pretty much my exact bike , but mine had a supertrapp pipe on it.

View attachment 1607
Man that sucks you sold it.  That would be cool in the man cave.  

Hahah,,,I just posted about the YZ250 in the other thread...

I always liked the following bikes...

1985 YAM VMAX - remember seeing it at the Motorcycle Expo in LA and they smoked a tire in the outside patio area...

90's HON NT650 Hawk because V Twin Single Swing Arm is just cool

SUZ TL1000S was pretty badass...lots of V Twin Torque

1978 HON CB550F...had it for 2 years, but never got it running...no time...but loved its cafe racer style

80's CB750 was my uncles and I used to joy ride it all the time when he was not home :lol:

70's CT70 because it was the FIRST Motorcycle I ever rode...down in Ensenada MX :crusty:

I worked at a Motorcycle Dealership in my 20's...so my love for bikes is big in the 90's era.
V-max was a mean bike.  That engine was killer.  

Had a 1989 hawk gt because of the single side swingarm and v twin....poor man's ducati....lol.  Had my eye on the cbr600 hurricane, but couldn't afford it.

I think it was a 1976 or '77 Yamaha YZ80. First year it came out to compete against the XR75. Bike looks just like Bennydog pic. I was on the gate at Barona Oaks. Still couldn't beat Scott Burnworth or Jeff Ward or Rick Johnson or Brian Myerscough but sure had a great time racing that machine! If those guys never showed up i'd have been a National Champion! Wrong ERA to be racing. Kind of like those who had to race Carmichael and McGrath. Peace 

Back