Will Can am Have something like the Pro R?

SandTrap

Reaction score
Well I been hearing rumors for awhile now that Can am has been working on a complete new X3 for awhile now. I am sure everyone has heard different things as well. The last thing I heard "rumor" was 250hp and NO Belt? I have no proof of anything at all. I will say that Last weekend we had a Pro R in our group and Cheff drove it all over the Dunes and I was quite impressed by it. I really wished I could of taken it for a spin but things didnt align.I own an X3 and its fine except being able to see in the dunes which Bugs me alot so I hope their 2024 X3 will be easier to see out of.

Was is ‘enough better’ to account for the difference in price?

Well I been hearing rumors for awhile now that Can am has been working on a complete new X3 for awhile now. I am sure everyone has heard different things as well. The last thing I heard "rumor" was 250hp and NO Belt? I have no proof of anything at all. I will say that Last weekend we had a Pro R in our group and Cheff drove it all over the Dunes and I was quite impressed by it. I really wished I could of taken it for a spin but things didnt align.I own an X3 and its fine except being able to see in the dunes which Bugs me alot so I hope their 2024 X3 will be easier to see out of.
FWIW - I felt the same about the view from the seat, I'm 5 10 - added the 1.5 inch spacers and made all the difference for me.

Hoping they have something new as well..

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this sport and the ever evolving new machine race.  I fall in the category of if its new and cool enough i gotta have it.  But as the prices rise im getting more cautious on how quickly i spend my money.    Even if Canam came out with a non CVT car, i would stay away for the first year.  Look at the Honda trans and the temperature issues they have and the Yamaha dog box isnt that robust for big power.  The sand is a big power suck for the sxs and for a car to be robust enough to last will take alot of engineering. 

My Pro R sits when we go to the dunes.  I didn't even bring it out the last time we went.  I received my Pro R in Feb of 2022. It's a fun car on the trails.  But in the dunes, it's a pig.  As far as a new Can-Am platform, I've heard numerous rumors, but nothing that seems concrete. :ez:

Canam released all the new snowmobiles and even on that video they were talking about the big side-by-side's coming our way this year...

Should be interesting

I would be interested in a 250hp , NO belt SxS. 

Can Am has plenty of high hp motors to pick from the Sea Doo lineup.  I suspect they will take one that is in the 250hp range and put that into whatever they plan on releasing.  It will be interesting to see if they go with a N/A motor or stick with a turbo.    

Can Am is not letting the Pro R be the only factory car racing in the desert in the unlimited UTV class.  

Does anyone know when the announcement will be?  I hope it’s not like the last one. Big stereo set up in the roof.  

Does anyone know when the announcement will be?  I hope it’s not like the last one. Big stereo set up in the roof.  
Can Am usually announces the SXS line up in the summer time.   

Last edited by a moderator:
My Pro R sits when we go to the dunes.  I didn't even bring it out the last time we went.  I received my Pro R in Feb of 2022. It's a fun car on the trails.  But in the dunes, it's a pig.  As far as a new Can-Am platform, I've heard numerous rumors, but nothing that seems concrete. :ez:
There must be something wrong with your car. IMHO ,The Pro R is most definitely not a "pig" .  

Not sure if this is the best thread, but just received an email from polaris that the 'new rzr' launch date is 3/7/23.  Any guesses what the big reveal entails?

Not sure if this is the best thread, but just received an email from polaris that the 'new rzr' launch date is 3/7/23.  Any guesses what the big reveal entails?
Most likely a bunch of "GAME CHANGERS" and a $5000 credit to all SPEED UTV owners who bring in their gold plated  Paperwork of Promise !  

:lmao:

:poule:

I am sure of three things.

First Can-Am will do something to try and keep up with the Pro-R, makes financial sense to try and keep the market share where it is at.

Second they will not address the Pro-R or the Speed UTV at the unveiling, They will not mention what the competition is doing or if there is even any.  

Lastly Robby Gordon will have a video response before Can-Am's even arrive in the dealerships on how they are now chasing him and he is the leader in the industry.

Oh and there will be more Pro-R's and the new Can-am's in Glamis next season then Speed UTV's in their owners hands

Wait, What do you mean its a PIG in the dunes??  Coming from driving what...a sand car?  Those are 2 totally different driving experiences and from like what Sand Sharks says, the guy in our group loves his when he is not driving his 2022 Funco.  

Exactly!  CanAM needs to do something big and keep it priced right.  It will take alot of improvements for me to jump ship and sell my spot from Speed.  

I wonder what percentage of Dune only side by sides right now on any given weekend are Can Am X3s. Vs Polaris. and Speed. (well nevermind on that last one) Talking to my buddy the other day about side by sides and HP to weight ratios. Aren't the X3s still way lighter than lets say the Pro R?  Wonder if the new Can Ams will be on the fast food gain weight diet. 

So here is what I been thinking.. Just My opinion here btw. Since Robby is actually "maybe" gonna have a few cars out there with 300hp? What if Can am does 300hp or close too it with a 4cyl turbo and trans with no Belt? I believe that is what Polaris is gonna offer in their new Pro R but we will see Next Monday I guess with Polaris.

Reactions: FOG
 I am sure of three things.

First Can-Am will do something to try and keep up with the Pro-R, makes financial sense to try and keep the market share where it is at.

Second they will not address the Pro-R or the Speed UTV at the unveiling, They will not mention what the competition is doing or if there is even any.  

Lastly Robby Gordon will have a video response before Can-Am's even arrive in the dealerships on how they are now chasing him and he is the leader in the industry.

Oh and there will be more Pro-R's and the new Can-am's in Glamis next season then Speed UTV's in their owners hands
Yep.  At worst it'll be "best in class HP" or whatever.  

So here is what I been thinking.. Just My opinion here btw. Since Robby is actually "maybe" gonna have a few cars out there with 300hp? What if Can am does 300hp or close too it with a 4cyl turbo and trans with no Belt? I believe that is what Polaris is gonna offer in their new Pro R but we will see Next Monday I guess with Polaris.
Can Am won't care about competing with the 300hp non-warranted E85 dependent Speed Key on an unproven motor.  They'll beat Polaris by at least a couple, maybe up to 250hp since that's who they actually see as their peer.  If Speed starts delivering vehicles and it starts eating into their bottom line, then maybe they'll change their minds.

Back