WildcatXX

Phoenix7, the 2022 XX is virtually the same as the original 18 which I have. Besides some very minor changes over the years it will be 100% the same experience.

I do not count accessories as changes or updates, that's just fluff....

XX history
2018 original
2019 changes to seats, new rear axle design, bold new colors
2019late-2020 new rear axle design, changes to trans axle gears
2020 changes from yamaha engines started getting the newer GYTR stuff like the YXZ has, bold new colors
2021 just bold new colors
2022 new clutch, bold new colors

Biggest issues the XX has had
2018-2019 lots of blown axles due to poor QC at factory, poor alignment, easy fix
Cooling issue, blown water pumps which led to blown engines. Multiple fixes from bleeder kit (which I have) and expensive billet water pumps
broken trans axle HI/LO or reveres gears, updated 2019. I think the users were shifting on the fly on the gas loaded
mufflers getting plugged up from packing or catalyst debri
engine trans mounts fail quickly

My 18 has only lost one axle, no other issues. I beat the $h!T out of this rig desert, rocks and dunes.
Thanks for your historical breakdown.  Sorry for the late reply.

It sounds like all in all, you're a big fan of the XX, and happy you bought it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even before E-Z-Go, Arctic Cat had an arrangement with Gander Mountain, and Bass Pro. AFAIK Gander Mountain went away, but with their(Bass Pro and Cabelas)merger, they are also in Cabelas. It will be interesting to see if they put them in Sportman's Warehouse once that deal is complete.

Wasn't one of the big reason Bass Pro bought Cabelas was to get the Tracker brand???

On the boat front, Arctic Cat actually owned Lund Boats in the mid-70's, before "Irv The Liquidator" got ahold of them.

After walking the Sand Show and looking at what all the dealers were charging! Saw a car in the hanger with a tag of $107K! Burt’s had the typical $60-70k lipstick on a pig cars with sold signs in them. Crazy. 

But in the corner of Burt’s they had a 22 Black & Green LT trim XX for $19K. I was shocked to see Burt’s have something at a realistic price. Still a great car for the money! 
Saw that too and thought the same thing. It was definitely tucked away in the corner too, almost like they were ashamed of it haha. They're great UTVs though!

Back