WildcatXX

Nice write up, just how many units they sell I wonder, has to be a market somewhere.

If it had the same hp as my Can Am I would have gotten one.  I love the fact that the suspicion doesn’t get narrower in the back.  I think that’s a big issue for cars flipping over.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to order the white mist plastics and stick them on the shelf till I completely destroy my 2018 plastics, which won't be long how I drive/treat this beast

I thought it was Textron making these now. Did AC buy it back? As far as sales and marketing goes, I suppose it makes no difference, both companies seem unable to do anything right in that arena.

Nice write up, just how many units they sell I wonder, has to be a market somewhere.
It was not many units several years ago.  When they made the deal with Tracker I think the numbers went up.  It is a really nice SXS and probably the best of the bunch in the N/A class.   If they threw a turbo model that was 72" wide it would be an amazing SXS and a big seller.    

There are a few in our group that make it to the dunes and they do well.  

Total shame AC/Textron has not done more.   

If you let me run the Arctic Cat off road div, here is what I would do. BTW they would fire me for thinking outside the  Minnesota bubble in a month! 

First their product line up is horrible. They got ride if the second best selling UTV, in their line up, the Havoc. It was a cross between sport/utility which is a fast growing segment. Both Polaris and Can Am are fully invested in this market. But Arctic Cat kept the Prowler which at best is a EZGO meets Bad Boy Buggy golf cart made for getting you to the ice fishing hole. BTW Textron owns all three of the brands mentioned! 

Yes the Prowler has it’s place, but you need more depth to be in this market.

Before introducing any more product I would have my Reps go back and beg and scrap to get dealers to sign back up with Arctic Cat. We would not force you to commit to buying machines that do not fit your market or region. We would honor and support dealer claims. Work on keeping a 10% overage on all parts for repairs & warranty claims. We would give you volume discounts and reward our dealers with a star program that promotes and features top dealers. We would also want to be at dealers with competing brands. I don’t want a XX next to a golf cart or a John Deere Gator.

I would commit to marketing / advertising programming that actually promotes the the products. Both online and boots on the ground. 

Now back to the sport market. I’d leave most of the XX alone to start with. The platform is great for the segment it’s in. I think allot of the negativity or thoughts of not being Turbo’ed is due to lack of knowledge or understanding. Not saying a turbo vs would not be an improvement, but all the other brands have N/A cars and they do not seem to get the backlash the XX got for not being Turbo’ed and those cars are selling. Plus you would have to know what contracts are in place and for how long, before changes could be made to the XX. 

What I would do is offer a better trim and options package that follows the current market. The base trim is perfect, as is at it brings customers in at great $20K price point. The second trim I would add a comfort and color package. Offer it in two color choices (decal kits) but offer it with the roof, upgraded seats, storage box etc. and bump the price point up $2K. Then on my top trim you would get the 2nd trim features, but you get the Garmin Connection system and a adjustable smart Shock system. Again maybe bump the price another $2500. This would still keep you in the Talon special edition trim price range.  If they could prove the XX does have a market for a RC edition with, you could release RC trim that comes with bumpers, high clearance front a-arms, winch, better skids. 

Long term Id look to phase out the Yamaha engine and explore using the engine that was in the Havoc. It was a Weber 2 cylinder engine. At a 1000cc produced 100hp, but have been told that engine was detuned and could easily do 130 hp NA. Turbo it and you could easily be in RZR turbo power range. The Weber engine is a German designed engine that is big in the marine industry, and used on tenders. It’s designed for harsh environments. The guys who know these engines speak highly of them and guess what? Textron bought Weber! They are now called Textron Motors. Plus being that it was in the Havoc, it’s been CARB certified before for a UTV. Being a 2 cylinder brings back the torque the Yamaha lacks and can be run at 6-7000 rpms. Like the new Speed engine the Weber has features like press in cylinder sleeves. This is a motor I’d look to put in all the Arctic Cat UTV line up. 
I like all of your ideas.   Now we just need to get you hired and in charge.  LOL!

If you let me run the Arctic Cat off road div, here is what I would do. BTW they would fire me for thinking outside the  Minnesota bubble in a month! 

First their product line up is horrible. They got ride if the second best selling UTV, in their line up, the Havoc. It was a cross between sport/utility which is a fast growing segment. Both Polaris and Can Am are fully invested in this market. But Arctic Cat kept the Prowler which at best is a EZGO meets Bad Boy Buggy golf cart made for getting you to the ice fishing hole. BTW Textron owns all three of the brands mentioned! 

Yes the Prowler has it’s place, but you need more depth to be in this market.

Before introducing any more product I would have my Reps go back and beg and scrap to get dealers to sign back up with Arctic Cat. We would not force you to commit to buying machines that do not fit your market or region. We would honor and support dealer claims. Work on keeping a 10% overage on all parts for repairs & warranty claims. We would give you volume discounts and reward our dealers with a star program that promotes and features top dealers. We would also want to be at dealers with competing brands. I don’t want a XX next to a golf cart or a John Deere Gator.

I would commit to marketing / advertising programming that actually promotes the the products. Both online and boots on the ground. 

Now back to the sport market. I’d leave most of the XX alone to start with. The platform is great for the segment it’s in. I think allot of the negativity or thoughts of not being Turbo’ed is due to lack of knowledge or understanding. Not saying a turbo vs would not be an improvement, but all the other brands have N/A cars and they do not seem to get the backlash the XX got for not being Turbo’ed and those cars are selling. Plus you would have to know what contracts are in place and for how long, before changes could be made to the XX. 

What I would do is offer a better trim and options package that follows the current market. The base trim is perfect, as is at it brings customers in at great $20K price point. The second trim I would add a comfort and color package. Offer it in two color choices (decal kits) but offer it with the roof, upgraded seats, storage box etc. and bump the price point up $2K. Then on my top trim you would get the 2nd trim features, but you get the Garmin Connection system and a adjustable smart Shock system. Again maybe bump the price another $2500. This would still keep you in the Talon special edition trim price range.  If they could prove the XX does have a market for a RC edition with, you could release RC trim that comes with bumpers, high clearance front a-arms, winch, better skids. 

Long term Id look to phase out the Yamaha engine and explore using the engine that was in the Havoc. It was a Weber 2 cylinder engine. At a 1000cc produced 100hp, but have been told that engine was detuned and could easily do 130 hp NA. Turbo it and you could easily be in RZR turbo power range. The Weber engine is a German designed engine that is big in the marine industry, and used on tenders. It’s designed for harsh environments. The guys who know these engines speak highly of them and guess what? Textron bought Weber! They are now called Textron Motors. Plus being that it was in the Havoc, it’s been CARB certified before for a UTV. Being a 2 cylinder brings back the torque the Yamaha lacks and can be run at 6-7000 rpms. Like the new Speed engine the Weber has features like press in cylinder sleeves. This is a motor I’d look to put in all the Arctic Cat UTV line up. 
How about a 4 seater? Wasn't that the biggest complaint when Textron bought it?

200.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate them leaving the trans and front diff alone. Those are the cornerstone of the UTV work that I am inundated with this year and helping to keep food on my table. 
I thought it was rail owners hooking a 800hp motor to a 2D.  

Oh come on Sean! They would have to sell a lot of machines first before your inundated with work. I’d think that table would be pretty bare! 

All joking aside, I thought the Team trans & dif in the XX were just “improved” RZR trans & difs? 
There is nothing really improved about them. Same thing.

I thought it was rail owners hooking a 800hp motor to a 2D.  
This is what builds my 401K. Might be able to retire at 63 as long as people keep overpowering their 2D's.

Back