Which paddle to run?

acefuture

Reaction score
Time to buy some paddles for my new to me car. I'm going to go 36 STU but can't decide on No1 or No2.

I'm running an Albins AGB with 11.5" R&P, LS3 525 with some work done, but what work is not known. I called redline and they pulled receipts but said they can't confirm on what the build was. Looks like a large cam, and some internal upgrades. Doubt it's punched out, guessing about 600 flywheel (rough guess). Next season I'll pull it and send it in to get a direct answer on internals, as well as put it on the treadmill to see what HP numbers actually are. Car is appx 3600lbs wet. I'm going to lighten up the car a bit for the sand by removing a bunch of the extra stuff for the desert on it like racks, winch, compressor, spares, jacks, etc. That will probably save me close to 500+ lbs. So hoping to be around 3000lbs 

What tires are you guys running? Think I should run a conservative No1 or is the No2 necessary?

My car is close to 3000lbs.

Stock LS1 with small supercharger.

When I added the supercharger, I bought a new set of #1's.

They were bent over backwards in 1 season and trashed.

Buy the #2's.

My car is close to 3000lbs.

Stock LS1 with small supercharger.

When I added the supercharger, I bought a new set of #1's.

They were bent over backwards in 1 season and trashed.

Buy the #2's.
Good to know, I was almost completely set on No1s. But that definitely changes things

If you don't like the #2s you can always have them trimmed.

Can't add to the #1s 

I switched to #2s for the same wear reason others said. 
You can always add air to reduce the bite. 

My car is 3450lbs wet, then add 300lbs for me and 100-150lbs depending on who's riding with me. 650hp to the tires and same Albins AGB you have. Used to run the unicorn of paddles STU 16.50 X 17 with a 2" wheel spacer (paddle rubbed the arm) then switched to Extreme 36s and no spacer. STUs were waaaaay better but 2 seasons no and I'm used to the Extreme's now. That being said I just bought a pair of STU 35.5 X 17 #2 and will run them for the upcoming season. 

20230505_175633.jpg

My car is 3450lbs wet, then add 300lbs for me and 100-150lbs depending on who's riding with me. 650hp to the tires and same Albins AGB you have. Used to run the unicorn of paddles STU 16.50 X 17 with a 2" wheel spacer (paddle rubbed the arm) then switched to Extreme 36s and no spacer. STUs were waaaaay better but 2 seasons no and I'm used to the Extreme's now. That being said I just bought a pair of STU 35.5 X 17 #2 and will run them for the upcoming season. 

View attachment 68968
Where did you find them?

35.5 STU? I transport them for the owner of STU in Salt Lake City to Kartek a few times a year. Pretty sure Kartek has them in stock, and I saw on IG that Tatum has them in Peoria, AZ. 

Glad I kept the stakes for my 24' flatbed. This was 44 paddles.from STU last year.

56821.jpeg

Time to buy some paddles for my new to me car. I'm going to go 36 STU but can't decide on No1 or No2.

I'm running an Albins AGB with 11.5" R&P, LS3 525 with some work done, but what work is not known. I called redline and they pulled receipts but said they can't confirm on what the build was. Looks like a large cam, and some internal upgrades. Doubt it's punched out, guessing about 600 flywheel (rough guess). Next season I'll pull it and send it in to get a direct answer on internals, as well as put it on the treadmill to see what HP numbers actually are. Car is appx 3600lbs wet. I'm going to lighten up the car a bit for the sand by removing a bunch of the extra stuff for the desert on it like racks, winch, compressor, spares, jacks, etc. That will probably save me close to 500+ lbs. So hoping to be around 3000lbs 

What tires are you guys running? Think I should run a conservative No1 or is the No2 necessary?
Congrats on the AC. Let's see some pics of that bad boy.

Nice car!

Yep, #2s, play with the air pressure to get the bite / slide combination you want.

Ya did you see the price per tire!!?? $1200 each OUCH!!
OMG!

The last time I bought paddles, STU 35.5 x 17 #2 cut, they were $750 each and I thought that was high. I think that was at the start of the 2020 dune season. 

Back