Which 450 quad?

Are all years of the ltr450 fuel injected?

Also anyone have a fuel injected 450 collecting dust in the garage?

Get your kid the Yamaha 450r with fuel injection.  I got my kid a 2019 and the suspension it was almost as nice as my Yamaha 450 with long travel and Elka shocks.    Fuel injection is the way to go.  No more messing with carbs when the bike sits for a long period of time and the throttle response with the fuel injection is better. 

I sold my 2005 Yamaha 450 a month ago.   

Might be persuaded to sell the 2019 Yamaha 450r as my kid is now riding his dirt bike in the dunes. 

Get your kid the Yamaha 450r with fuel injection.  I got my kid a 2019 and the suspension it was almost as nice as my Yamaha 450 with long travel and Elka shocks.    Fuel injection is the way to go.  No more messing with carbs when the bike sits for a long period of time and the throttle response with the fuel injection is better. 

I sold my 2005 Yamaha 450 a month ago.   

Might be persuaded to sell the 2019 Yamaha 450r as my kid is now riding his dirt bike in the dunes. 
Send me a price and pics. 

Send me a price and pics. 
Let me make sure the kiddo does not want to ride it anymore.      It does have a twist throttle in it, but I have the stock thumb throttle that can be put back on. 

Starting in 06 I had (2) 05 450 TRX's great quads reliable and indestructible and handled like a dream. Easy to jump and mine were set up great for dunes and the MX track. One of them is still going strong, the other well it ran before I opened it up to give it a freshening up and well let's just put it this way. The engine builder was shocked he rode it into his shop and it started on the first kick.

Then in 2014 I got a YFZ450R, While it didn't jump as good as the TRX with stock suspension it worked great and had a lot more power then the TRX. Per the numbers it wasn't that big a difference but seat of the pant dhyo it was a lot more.  The stock suspension was a lot more aggressive so in order to get it to ride smooth you had to be on the gas, while my TRx had been set up for a soft ride and did well the YFZ needed to be pushed to make it soft.

The only thing I can say about the LTR s that one guy in our group rode one and he went thru three before my first TRX got wore out.

The KTM if you can find one and can afford one, buy it.

any of them are good, just make sure you get Fuel Injection, game changer.

When my boys turned 15, they both switched to Motorcycles, so much easier to ride in the choppy dunes and none of them missed a quad............on my end they take up way less space.

Jason, I just picked this 450 up for Ryan and he absolutely loves it. 2017 YFZ 450, fuel injected. I would suggest the Yamaha, I have had both Honda & Yamaha, and I think the later model Yamahas are better. 

IMG_9327.jpg

Jason, I just picked this 450 up for Ryan and he absolutely loves it. 2017 YFZ 450, fuel injected. I would suggest the Yamaha, I have had both Honda & Yamaha, and I think the later model Yamahas are better. 

View attachment 54965
Damn he’s big now. I have a lead on a very lightly used 2010 yzf450. It’s the x model and not the r. Which means it’s 2inches narrower. Not sure if it makes a huge difference for an 11 year old though. 

Damn he’s big now. I have a lead on a very lightly used 2010 yzf450. It’s the x model and not the r. Which means it’s 2inches narrower. Not sure if it makes a huge difference for an 11 year old though. 
If it's a deal and you think its narrow you can always pick up some wheel spacers. This bike feels very wide so I can't imagine a couple inches narrower feeling like it's too narrow. 

YFZ450 and call it good. 
Not to mention their longevity. Moved to mine from a banshee in 04. Done nothing to it except jet and a pipe and stay right up on the sxs’s and cars hitting the 40 and 50’s. Good job to your sons …and daughters riding 

YFZ450 and call it good. 
Not to mention their longevity. Moved to mine from a banshee in 04. Done nothing to it except jet and a pipe and stay right up on the sxs’s and cars hitting the 40 and 50’s. Good job to your sons …and daughters riding 
Oh and twist throttle muy bueno :smash:  

They are all Fi but you'd want a 2008 or later Zuk, if I remember right something to do with the shift fork. I can ask the kids as well if you are still looking. I gave them to them but they are still in my garage. 

They are all Fi but you'd want a 2008 or later Zuk, if I remember right something to do with the shift fork. I can ask the kids as well if you are still looking. I gave them to them but they are still in my garage. 

Don't know what happened there... ^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I ended up finding a pretty clean 2013 yfz450r. And for price reference for anyone else’s looking to buy. I paid 5500$ for this. I ordered up a dasa pipe and Fci intake. Still debating on a vortex ecu or just have pep reflash the stock one. 

A81F391B-5A53-470C-9A10-2505268AF42F.jpeg

Well I ended up finding a pretty clean 2013 yfz450r. And for price reference for anyone else’s looking to buy. I paid 5500$ for this. I ordered up a dasa pipe and Fci intake. Still debating on a vortex ecu or just have pep reflash the stock one. 

View attachment 55887
Congrats that’s a sweet bike.
I did the pipe, intake and ecu, aka the big 3 on mine.  They changed the bike performance huge. Besides a twist throttle, one more thing I did was add nerf bars, probably the best addition to the bike overall imo. 
I got mine from alba, I don’t think they were too expensive. 

Congrats that’s a sweet bike.
I did the pipe, intake and ecu, aka the big 3 on mine.  They changed the bike performance huge. Besides a twist throttle, one more thing I did was add nerf bars, probably the best addition to the bike overall imo. 
I got mine from alba, I don’t think they were too expensive. 
What ecu did you use?

Really good tire package on it. That's a grand by itself. Doesn't look like it has many hours either. 

What ecu did you use?
I Did the vortex. I had done a bunch of research and that’s what people seemed to think was the best. 
its the yellow box, it got mounted behind the seat and tuned by Leonard at Duncan racing. 

A3180860-CC08-4577-8E4F-7BFD61A1EC84.jpeg

View attachment 55887
Nice..........But I'd be upgrading the suspension before trying to make it any faster. He's gonna get beat to hell on that thing with the way the dunes are now!

Back