What's a decent 22 pistol for plinking?

CA closed the "loophole" for people with two addresses.  You used to be able to purchase in AZ and then fill out a form when you bring it to CA.  Now, you have to ship it from your second residence to a FFL and it must be on the fooking CA roster.  Fuc CA and all their stupid azz gun laws.
Of course they did...

CA closed the "loophole" for people with two addresses.  You used to be able to purchase in AZ and then fill out a form when you bring it to CA.  Now, you have to ship it from your second residence to a FFL and it must be on the fooking CA roster.  Fuc CA and all their stupid azz gun laws.
I mean, if you have to say something... my local range owner(Riverside) has he same problem I do in that he loves a certain platform that's off roster here. he loves it when I bring in something new!

What do you want her to learn?  What is the end destination?

If it is a Glock type....then Taurus TX22      https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurustx-22

If it is a 1911 type trigger, Ruger 22/45 or Mark IV  https://www.ruger.com/products/markIV/overview.html

Revolver...I have a Taurus 8 shot, and a Ruger SP101    https://www.ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/5765.html

For a newbie, and somebody that doens't shoot a lot, get a revolver....revolvers are good, in a lot of ways better than an auto.

I had a Mosquito....and it would only cycle w/expensive ammo....and the trigger was nothing like it should have been....its Double-Action trigger stunk.

Every time im driving to yuma and am going througH winterhaven i think, WHY THE EFF would you buy here instead of 1 mile east!!!????

I mean, if you have to say something... my local range owner(Riverside) has he same problem I do in that he loves a certain platform that's off roster here. he loves it when I bring in something new!
I get it, part of the reason I no longer have two addresses.  If it were not for the dunes, I would never go into CA.

I have a GSG Firefly, was branded as the SIG Mosquito at one time.  Fun gun, accurate, and inexpensive.  I got mine with a threaded barrel to shoot suppressed. 
Decent little guns. I picked one up for the wife. It out runs my little Walther 22.

Decent little guns. I picked one up for the wife. It out runs my little Walther 22.
Here its running a F1  suppressor I did. It’s a little deceiving, but the shells hitting the wall are louder that the actual “pop”.

IMG_3129.mov

Attachments

I bought a Kimber .22 conversion that turns my Colt .45 1911 into a .22, cycles / shoots very well. May be something to consider for someone wanting a nice plinker & a good self defense rig without buying multiple guns.

Can post pictures of the conversion kit if there’s interest. 
* Pictures are before the boating accident where all my guns went overboard*

When I was looking for a full sized hand gun i went to all of our local gun ranges and rented damn near everything they had.  It was kind of expensive but I got to try just about everything.   In the end I bought a 1911, but in the process I ago a whole mess of stuff I liked, for the small caliber stuff the Ruger MKx was my favorite, but not my wifes.  It was a small revolver.

Back