What do ya run in the dirt?

Yeah CA. Rockwood posted the coords. In Fish Creek Wash, a bit beyond the turn out for Diablo Dropoff. Street legal only but it’s getting crowded. I avoid OW north of 78 unless it’s a super off weekend. TDS weekend is effing madness!
I thank Shiva I’m in something nice and enclosed every time I find myself there on TDS weekends. The dust…

Only toy I have left is my '21 RZR Turbo S.. and it's for sale.

Attachments

• RZR 1.jpeg
    RZR 1.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 1
  • RZR 4.jpeg
    RZR 4.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1
So you are saying you actually change your setup from dirt to sand?

Really?

I’m not saying you are not telling truth.. Im
Jist saying we all get through our fair share of snow to get to the cabin.

I have ever met anyone that does that?

View attachment 120267

I have one of my quads set up for the sand, and one set up for the dirt.

Completely different set ups! Ride heights, shock valving, and obviously wheels and tires.

Ol RD has much to learn...

👍🏼

Sand is for the Funco, Mexico is for the Raptor, I also have a Husky FC350 for hard pack.

Attachments

• buggy.jpg
    buggy.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Mexico march 2024.jpg
    Mexico march 2024.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 7
  • trucks 2.jpg
    trucks 2.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 7
IMG_20191107_161418816_HDR.jpgIMG_20230304_131656667_HDR.jpg
X3 for the sand and the Bronco for the dirt... Although the Bronco has only ever seen fire road type of off-roading as it's the wife's daily driver, lol

Kids have all stopped riding their quads at this point. I still have my 250 2-smoker, 450, and the 140 for around camp. Can't bring myself to sell the bikes even though I don't ride much these days.
Finishing up the new to us dual sport buggy. We've only had sand cars (sandrails) before, so we are hoping to get this one out to Johnson valley and Ocotillo.

Dammm...

I've driven through there a bum of times. One time with @Stugots on the way back from Joe's Valley in Utah.

I've wanted to plan a trip there, but it just never happens! Looks like I need to put more effort into it.

Where did you stay in DC??

@rivermobster I think this is where we camped. My buddy lives in New Harmony and camps here often so he picked the spot. But when looking at the map, I remember that turn off from the 14, went up a little ways and it was off to the left, a nice clearing. but there are tons of spots around there.

1725486062165.png

@rivermobster I think this is where we camped. My buddy lives in New Harmony and camps here often so he picked the spot. But when looking at the map, I remember that turn off from the 14, went up a little ways and it was off to the left, a nice clearing. but there are tons of spots around there.

View attachment 120389

Is it pretty much just wide open dry camping once you get out of town?

Will my set up get back in there?

20210806_102929.jpg

Gen 1 Raptor for the dirt. Gen 3 Funco for the sand.

Attachments

• IMG_3818.jpeg
    IMG_3818.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3443.jpeg
    IMG_3443.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Is it pretty much just wide open dry camping once you get out of town?

Will my set up get back in there?

View attachment 120417
We had 5 trucks with trailers from 16' box trailer (mine) to 24' Toy hauler my buddy Tim. you can pull right in. But I would walk it first just to see...I'm just going off memory and looking at the map. But like stated earlier...there are a ton of areas to camp.

Back