What do ya run in the dirt?

Sandstone Canyon south of Ocotillo Wells

California? I had no idea there was a slot canyons out there.. I’ve been there five or six times, but the last time was the last time.. lol. Got a interesting but funny story about that I can share later.

No longer have the beam car for sand and my project isn't moving forward, so....
Just the XX for all sports off-road, but it spends a lot of time on the rack changing parts I rip off having fun.

Attachments

• PXL_20240616_235433620.jpg
    PXL_20240616_235433620.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
‘22 pro r, I really love this car for the electric shocks and beefy frame. I really believe the shear weight of this car makes it perform excellent in the dirt. At 3300 miles and no issues, blew one belt in the sand after a day on heavy foot ripping.

IMG_6520.jpeg

California? I had no idea there was a slot canyons out there.. I’ve been there five or six times, but the last time was the last time.. lol. Got a interesting but funny story about that I can share later.
32.97952, -116.21356 is the entrance, but it’s street legal only on that side.

Rocking a buggy with turbo Nissan power:
IMG_3261.jpeg
Wife has an X3:
1725410122302.jpeg
A Jeep XJ with LM7 5.3 “LS” power:

IMG_4013.jpeg
And the death machine:

IMG_3237.jpeg

‘22 pro r, I really love this car for the electric shocks and beefy frame. I really believe the shear weight of this car makes it perform excellent in the dirt. At 3300 miles and no issues, blew one belt in the sand after a day on heavy foot ripping.

View attachment 120235

So you are more of a dirt guy than a sand guy? Where abouts?

So you are more of a dirt guy than a sand guy? Where abouts?
Both, love to ride damn near year around. The pro R will get stripped of all the desert extra stuff around November and setup for sand. I want another car for the sand but nothing has interested me in the sxs world lately. Maybe a Maverick R after a couple updates, then chop it up to make it a lightweight single seater.

California? I had no idea there was a slot canyons out there.. I’ve been there five or six times, but the last time was the last time.. lol. Got an interesting but funny story about that I can share later.
Yeah CA. Rockwood posted the coords. In Fish Creek Wash, a bit beyond the turn out for Diablo Dropoff. Street legal only but it’s getting crowded. I avoid OW north of 78 unless it’s a super off weekend. TDS weekend is effing madness!

Both, love to ride damn near year around. The pro R will get stripped of all the desert extra stuff around November and setup for sand. I want another car for the sand but nothing has interested me in the sxs world lately. Maybe a Maverick R after a couple updates, then chop it up to make it a lightweight single seater.

So you are saying you actually change your setup from dirt to sand?

Really?

I’m not saying you are not telling truth.. Im
Jist saying we all get through our fair share of snow to get to the cabin.

I have ever met anyone that does that?

image.jpg

So they call it a pre runner.. is it heavier all the way around.? No chrome?

None of the sand car stuff lives out here for one ride.. same mfg what’s the difference?
I will start another topic so it does not bunch up the thread,

I will start another topic so it does not bunch up the thread,

I think you will be ok no matter what.. it is easier to drop it in another thread if ya want to find it later though.

Chevy 2500hd and Honda TRX400EX for now, we just downsized a few ATCs, Kids Quads and a Rhino.

We'll see what's next.

Not scared of dirt trails or even mud.
Screenshot_20240904_064846_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240904_065303_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240904_065253_Facebook.jpg

Back