What Camp Chairs Do You Like?

Sounds like you need a bigger boat. 
Bigger? I’m already dreading the fuel cost when I fill my 1400 gallon capacity and then burn it at 80 gallons an hour. I might have to slow down this year to get the fuel burn rate to something tolerable 💰💰💰💰

Thanks everyone, some great suggestions. I’m going to order one of the Yet’i’s and see if they are as good folks say they are and worth cost. If they are good I’ll get three more. 

Most people n our group have these.  So many, in fact, I had to put LRS stickers on mine so we knew which were ours.  They're better for us larger fellas.

View attachment 33722

I have a pair of these in the car for when we post up at Swingset, China Wall, etc.  They fold up super small. Not heavy duty enough for me but fine for the kids.

View attachment 33723
Us too lots of them in camp.  They also keep you much warmer on cold nights.  Club chairs for the win

Thanks everyone, some great suggestions. I’m going to order one of the Yet’i’s and see if they are as good folks say they are and worth cost. If they are good I’ll get three more. 
I actually sat in one this weekend. It’s not worth 300$. 

in my old group one of the guy's mom would take chairs like those cut out all of that plastic that would stretch and macrame new seats and backs.  They were so early 80's wish  I still had mine.
my dad still does that lol.

Bigger? I’m already dreading the fuel cost when I fill my 1400 gallon capacity and then burn it at 80 gallons an hour. I might have to slow down this year to get the fuel burn rate to something tolerable 💰💰💰💰
holy cow, 1400 gallons of gas? and I was crying earlier at 4.79 a gallon for reg unleaded in my company rental that held 12 gallons lol

Come on man-really. You posted this right after I order them 😀😀😀
Lol that’s how it always works. It’s a nice chair. I own plenty of yeti products. But I’d have trouble buying it at 100$. 

holy cow, 1400 gallons of gas? and I was crying earlier at 4.79 a gallon for reg unleaded in my company rental that held 12 gallons lol
Diesel not gas. Just my luck, diesel is more expensive than gas now 🤑🤑

Ouch!

80 gallons an hour, wow. 
When I did America’s Great Loop I wasn’t even close to that. Of course I never got on plane because day in and day out for a year that would be very expensive. 

If you need a quad fold I like the looks of this one. I dont care for the soft arms on most like these. I also use the arms to get up and they all eventually bend. This one looks like it may hold up better.

Edit to ask, does it really weigh 28lbs?!

Last edited by a moderator:
16DEAD4E-AEE1-42B4-B0B8-1F6A1B95C3C5.png

We have a bunch of these. They suck. Used to be built better but the last two or three we’ve bought don’t last. I know. You get what you pay for at $20 but at least last a season. 

Us too lots of them in camp.  They also keep you much warmer on cold nights.  Club chairs for the win
Same here. My whole camp went club chairs after this first couple showed up. The only issue I have with them is, they don't huddle around the campfire too well. We tried squeezing like 9 of them in a circle and the heat wouldn't reach as much due to the circle size. But meh, comfortable as hell for sure.

Same here. My whole camp went club chairs after this first couple showed up. The only issue I have with them is, they don't huddle around the campfire too well. We tried squeezing like 9 of them in a circle and the heat wouldn't reach as much due to the circle size. But meh, comfortable as hell for sure.
Trick is make an oval fire or make a 2 ft wide and 6 ft long fire. Works amazing

I had to move away from the usual folding type camp chairs as my back simply cannot handle the lack of any support. I rocked the 'director's' type chair for a few years but even those started to become an issue. Zero gravity chair for me currently but man, storing them is a PITA! The one from Costco is solid. Roomy for us large guys and has a side table too!

I had to move away from the usual folding type camp chairs as my back simply cannot handle the lack of any support. I rocked the 'director's' type chair for a few years but even those started to become an issue. Zero gravity chair for me currently but man, storing them is a PITA! The one from Costco is solid. Roomy for us large guys and has a side table too!
x2

Trick is make an oval fire or make a 2 ft wide and 6 ft long fire. Works amazing
Ever since my group has gone to these chairs, the fire size is the issue. As you said, I found a long trough works best. You would think you would burn more wood this way but a few small fires keeps everyone warm longer than one giant one that keeps getting wood thrown in by people that didn’t bring wood in the first place!

I may have mentioned this in another thread, but when I took all the chairs to the beach for my 16 year olds party, found a 1/2 burnt blunt in one of the zipper pockets.. 

View attachment 33733
Technically that is a joint.  A blunt is rolled with cigar or tobacco paper. You can tell an amateur rolled that.  
…not that I would know…

Back