What Camp Chairs Do You Like?

Dockmaster

Reaction score
I need to get four new camp chairs and wondering what folks like? I can only use the quad folding style, cannot use the bi-fold style due to limited storage space. The ones I have are 10 years old and they suck to sit in. It’s like sitting in a bucket and you just keep sinking and hunching forward. The Yeti Trailhead look nice but like all things Yeti they are expensive. Not opposed to spending the money if worth it and nothing else cheaper. I actually need these as deck chairs for the boat so something with pads on the bottom is preferred. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. 

As long as the chair has a side table for an ICB and snacks, I’m happy. 

Most people n our group have these.  So many, in fact, I had to put LRS stickers on mine so we knew which were ours.  They're better for us larger fellas.

camp chair.PNG

I have a pair of these in the car for when we post up at Swingset, China Wall, etc.  They fold up super small. Not heavy duty enough for me but fine for the kids.

camp chair 2.PNG

CVS had these in the discontinued section one year & I bought 2 of them.  while the seat part of it is quite comfortable & they are tall enough that you dont feel like your sitting on the ground, the back is so low that it hits you in the middle of the back & you cant lean back without it being quite uncomfortable. 

56719_W3.jpg

CVS had these in the discontinued section one year & I bought 2 of them.  while the seat part of it is quite comfortable & they are tall enough that you dont feel like your sitting on the ground, the back is so low that it hits you in the middle of the back & you cant lean back without it being quite uncomfortable. 

That is why you get the rocker style,  You can lean that sucker back to the point you think you will tip but don't. And unlike those papa son type chairs that suck you in where after a long day riding and a few ICDB you need someone to pull you out of the chair, The rocker you just lean forward.

Reactions: FOG
Most people n our group have these.  So many, in fact, I had to put LRS stickers on mine so we knew which were ours.  They're better for us larger fellas.

View attachment 33722

I have a pair of these in the car for when we post up at Swingset, China Wall, etc.  They fold up super small. Not heavy duty enough for me but fine for the kids.

View attachment 33723

I have a bunch of those club chair style too that I carry in the Moho. They are great. Unfortunately for what I’m looking for they are just too bulky and I don’t have room to store them. 

On the other ones, let’s just say I exceed the weight rating and leave it at that 😀😀

& FWIW........... these were my favorites.  Im not sure why I got rid of my old ones............. 

chairs.jpg

Mine folds up just a tad bigger than the Walmart quad chairs. 
I can only fit the ones where all four legs, the seat and back all collapse and make a long skinny packable chair. I have to fit four of them under the settee. I barely fit the four crappy ones I have. 

& FWIW........... these were my favorites.  Im not sure why I got rid of my old ones............. 

in my old group one of the guy's mom would take chairs like those cut out all of that plastic that would stretch and macrame new seats and backs.  They were so early 80's wish  I still had mine.

2 for $79.00 at COSTCO

They are wide enough, slightly tilted but still easy to get out of. Just comfortable enough I can sit it it all day, but when I'm sleepy I'll go to bed.

imageService

You never want to be TOO Comfortable.

maxresdefault.jpg

I get mine from U-Line. They're really nice with zipper pockets for phones, etc. .. so long as they don't blow into the campfire. I may have mentioned this in another thread, but when I took all the chairs to the beach for my 16 year olds party, found a 1/2 burnt blunt in one of the zipper pockets.. 

Typical...  

abc

PS. Also love their matching soft coolers for the RZRs. They hold a bunch and can take the abuse.

shopping

6CACA501-A6A1-4330-B344-6E85A959A161.jpeg

58EC6021-5519-48BD-ABD1-01DF30241B64.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only fit the ones where all four legs, the seat and back all collapse and make a long skinny packable chair. I have to fit four of them under the settee. I barely fit the four crappy ones I have. 
Sounds like you need a bigger boat. 

Back