What Are You Listening To

I don't think I've heard this song in 20 years. I've had it stuck in my head now for 4 days... I literally woke up this morning singing it. 

Didn't know it was a war song as a young man. Pretty fitting for the times .

https://youtu.be/I0AxrOUJ62E?si=L6xrOWizTsmZfGPg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder that Linda Ronstadt was hot AF and could sing the chit out of a song.  Peas . . .

Ok little background on this. Floor Jansen is the singer, she was asked to sing for this band "Nightwish" after they got rid of their last singer who sucked. (They parted ways)

Floor, was called up by one of the band members....asked if she could meet them in Seattle, (She's in Europe btw) here's a set list...oh and we need you here in 2 days. She had 48 hours to learn the set list. Pretty incredibel

She says ok...flys over and KILLS it!

This video is from their Imaginarium tour. Killer voice, she studied Musical theater and opera.

image.png

"Phil Lynott was the single greatest performer I've ever seen. He had incredible stage instincts. We opened for Thin Lizzy and I saw about 50 shows. They were unbelievable." - Huey Lewis

Lisa does a good job with this one (song starts around 4:20)  Takes some 'nads to play this with Daryl Hall sitting at the piano next to you.  Harmonies from Daryl and the band are on point  

Did you know that Jason Bonham was an aspiring MX racer before he became a drummer ?  
Did not know that as I haven't really followed his arc.  Looks like he's been into it his whole life

s1200_IMG_6138.jpg

Back