Trailer Tire Fill Gauge Idea

I did buy that giraffe hose and some pinch clamps.  The 15-18 mm pinch clamps were the correct size for the 3/8" giraffe hose. I had some quick connects in my box and thought that might make it easier to do one set and to store it.  

I Also wanted to try out those other locking chucks.  They seem pretty well made and certainly look onto the tire stems better than the first ones I bought.  

All in all, nice little project.  

20220521_104426.jpg

20220521_102327.jpg

20220521_102417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On 5/13/2022 at 3:31 PM, Rockwood said:

Jason in this video used to be on these boards, now he is a jeep guy.  I think is old board name was something like Chappealar?

a quick update on this.  I was not sure how often I would used this, but I do more often than I thought I would.  I air up & down my truck when Im towing & Ive done it a few times in the last month.  This tire spider really does speed up the job a bunch.  If I knew how often I would be using it I would have bought a digital gauge rather than "what I had in a box".  I still might. 

But if I were to do that I would rob myself of the opportunity to do a project. I gots to have something to put into GreaseMonkeys "Its Saturday, WTF are you doing today?" thread.  LOL.

Seriously though, I constructed mine to work from the "side" VS the "front", because of the way I have my trailer parked its easier with odd lengths. 

I think i was in this about $200, 

i used the gauge on the regulator, 

The regulator made it so i can set the pressure and walk away from the tires

FWIW.......... with the one I built, I dont have to "set it & come back to it".  I dont think it took 90 seconds to go from 50 to 70 Lbs & back again when I was done.  even my knees can take a minute squatting down.  LOL 

when I was using my normal tire gauge it would take several minutes per tire.  Its something like whats shown below. 

freeman-tire-pressure-gauges-fatdti-64_600.jpg

I broke down and put a more accurate gauge on it.  

And I just noticed how crappy I did tapping that thread.  it looks like his head is tilted to the left.  LOL.

20220809_170033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back