Trailer Tire Fill Gauge Idea

I also made up one, I ordered the parts that LARS mentioned above, I just made up a single for now then I will get a 3 way connector and makeup the octopus lines. Going to try it on my trailer tires today and will report back. Thanks for the Idea Alper .    
Let us know where you found a 1 to 4 way connector?  If you did.

if i was doing 4 tires, 2 on each side, 

i would do a splitter for 2 then a 10-foot hose and another dual splitter, 

It used to take me 2-4 beers to check and fill up all my tires for a trip to the dunes. I imagine this contraption will cut that in half now... JUNK! :morebeer:

I was looking for a 4 Port manifold (like the shower head 3 port), and found this. Looks like it takes a little bit of the work and possibly cost, out of this project.  

View attachment 31923
I think that is perfect, you could pull off some of the air chucks and run hoses on them to clean it up,  

This is what I am looking for, I can only find it on an out of the country website.  I want to use it for off roading as well.  

Off-Road-hose-4in1-basic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cookie where did you find that?  Looks kind of cheapie, but given how often most of us would use it, it's probably perfect.

@Cookie where did you find that?  Looks kind of cheapie, but given how often most of us would use it, it's probably perfect.
Found it on the WWW, but I can't find it for sale in the states.  I think this company that listed is out of the country www.offroadhose.com

It doesn't have to be fancy, and since I want to be smaller to use for my truck, this would be perfect.  Here is one at Off Road Warehouse:

INDF4 Four Hose Unit (offroadwarehouse.com)

6897507b-8017-43df-b950-f39c2fb54a6f.jpg

I'm with you on that.  At the beginning of the season I do 25 or more tires, it would be nice to do them in sets of 4.  

Also I take the truck tires up and down for each trip.  If I don't take them back down to 50 after a trip they wear out the middles and those are expensive tires to be an idiot....  this would make that process a bit easier.  

Update: I received the Klutch Manifold from Northern tool.  guess I did not read the fine print.  2 of the ports are regulated & 2 of them are not.  Guess this is going back.... One other thing is that this has a "3/8" inlet fitting", which would be the only one I have, which would mean I have to make a special hose just for this thing or swap out the fitting for the "more normal" 1/4" version. 

I checked on the Dewalt one that @J Alper posted above & I think it is the same.  (it says "The Quadraport can operate at two different PSI settings at the same time for a wider variety of applications") 

Time to figure out "plan B". 

Also, to try to keep costs down a bit Im trying "plastic" hose. we will see if the curly inflexibility of it drives me nuts or not. 

Plan B...  I dug through a bunch of the stuff I had and ran up to the local hardware store for the Ts.  

I have the nylon tubing sitting out in the sun to soften up and straighten out a bit.  I will finish this up and test it tomorrow.  

20220513_161358.jpg

20220513_161438.jpg

I finished this up today and tested it on my truck.  While it works as well as my compressor will allow (it's a 30 year old craftsman compressor), i know me well enough to know that the nylon tubing will make me nuts.  

I hung it on the wall with the rest of the hoses, we will see.  I just bought a giraffe air hose for the garage and like it well enough I might buy one of them and use that to build another one.  

The pneu diagram is how I plumbed it.  This will allow me to do yhe truck, trailer and buggy should i want.  

Also I installed a Schrader valve, so if wanted to use my more accurate air Guage setup to set buggy tires I could just plug it into the Schrader and hit the go button.  

This was kind of fun to mess with.  V2.0 will be better.  I hate worm clamps so I might use pinch clamps.  We use them at work, so I'm familiar with them and they won't cut the cr.ap out of me.  

20220514_141509.jpg

20220514_143943.jpg

20220513_175606.jpg

Back