Trailer rear door opening.

If a tire loses some air that's gone and your car is stuck inside. 1/16" wouldn't be enough for me to be comfortable.
The side walls of trailer are 2.5" wider than door frame so not worried about that. We did deal with this once on a friend's trailer/sand car. It was a nightmare to get out!

After, we did we installed valve stems on the inside of the wheels in case it every happened again.

The side walls of trailer are 2.5" wider than door frame so not worried about that. We did deal with this once on a friend's trailer/sand car. It was a nightmare to get out!

After, we did we installed valve stems on the inside of the wheels in case it every happened again.
Yea, have been lucky enough to have never had it happen to me but listened to a horror story of a rail that was stuck inside a shipping container with flat tires... had nightmares about it for a month

1/16 of inch is tight. take off one tire or get different rims if you can.  I would say 1 in per side would be good.  

Cables are taken care of. I made slide pins that allow them to slide out after door is open, then back in to close the door.
@richard h do have pictures of your door slide pins?

I want to modify my door. 

I have a new trailer on order currently. Rear door opening will be 101.5”. New car will be 99.5” with paddles. I opted for the winch on the rear door so as not to have the cables making loading/unloading more challenging. 

My door opening is 97” and my last sand car, Old Yeller, was 95” wide. It fit but it was tight and I would hit the door cable once in awhile. So I wanted to see the @richard h cable slide modification.  Hopefully I can modify my door cable to solve that problem. 
My new sand car is 98” wide but I’m selling the 13.5” (14”) wheels and replacing them with 12” wheels to get it to 95” wide. 

9602B3D1-B5B5-4F0E-ABD9-EDD2E28257FE.jpeg

My door opening is 97” and my last sand car, Old Yeller, was 95” wide. It fit but it was tight and I would hit the door cable once in awhile. So I wanted to see the @richard h cable slide modification.  Hopefully I can modify my door cable to solve that problem. 
My new sand car is 98” wide but I’m selling the 13.5” (14”) wheels and replacing them with 12” wheels to get it to 95” wide. 

View attachment 107240
OK here are the pictures of what I did. What I would do is open the door and pull it back about 8" and insert a foam block to hold it. Then I would pull cables out. Doing it in this position there was a lot less load on the cables and easy to move. I would reverse this when I closed the door. The most tension on the cables are when door is fully opened making it the hardest place to slide cables in or out.

IMG_6538.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

IMG_6539.jpg

IMG_6540.jpg

IMG_6537.jpg

IMG_6536.jpg

Reactions: FOG
OK here are the pictures of what I did. What I would do is open the door and pull it back about 8" and insert a foam block to hold it. Then I would pull cables out. Doing it in this position there was a lot less load on the cables and easy to move. I would reverse this when I closed the door. The most tension on the cables are when door is fully opened making it the hardest place to slide cables in or out.

View attachment 107243

View attachment 107244

View attachment 107245

View attachment 107246

View attachment 107247

View attachment 107248
Thanks. 
Very helpful.  

Here’s my set up. I drive it in but also installed a winch at the front of my toy hauler if ever needed. 95.25” door opening, and car is 93” wide with paddles.IMG_5494.jpeg

Back