Toy Haulers with 16' Separated Garage,

On the smell comment, I can say when I damaged my X3 radiator and loaded the car in the garage, the garage stunk to high heaven of coolant, and there was zero smell in the LQ the next morning when we pulled out, nor after travelling home. That was a Sundowner, and the pass-thru door was gasketed like the exterior entry doors.

I do prefer a garage model in a toy hauler, but I am seriously considering a Super C next go around.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife wants a garage model, but as others have stated, the LQ are compromised...you get a few adults in there and it's immediately crowded with limited seating. And I do not know if the garage is a benefit in regards to not having to unload when you get to camp...If it's just you and the wife then OK but if you need the beds in the garage area for kids or other adults you're unloading and the same for the bad weather....doesn't matter having the garage model if people need a bed. In the end, it all depends on your needs....  

Im not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand the logic.  I used to help a guy with an OL10.5 car & his trailer had a garage.  there were 2 beds in the camper portion & me & the other guy that helped him were both too tall to sleep in either.  we would sleep in the garage on air mattresses.  it was cold as my GM's heart, during the winter & hot as hell during the summer.............  I think it would have been nicer for us if it was not a garage model & was open. 

I suppose I could see the appeal to it.  it did mean that we had to leave the car outside, but we were sleeping right next to it so......  and if the goal was to have it big enough to do both, then it would have been humongous, garage or not. 

Sorry Jason, I didnt mean to spin this out into left field. 

Many toy haulers have Happijack beds/sofas in the garage, TV, A/C. It's certainly usable space when unloaded. Not knocking those who choose an open floorplan, BTW, buy what suits you. I like garage models.

Im not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand the logic.  I used to help a guy with an OL10.5 car & his trailer had a garage.  there were 2 beds in the camper portion & me & the other guy that helped him were both too tall to sleep in either.  we would sleep in the garage on air mattresses.  it was cold as my GM's heart, during the winter & hot as hell during the summer.............  I think it would have been nicer for us if it was not a garage model & was open. 

I suppose I could see the appeal to it.  it did mean that we had to leave the car outside, but we were sleeping right next to it so......  and if the goal was to have it big enough to do both, then it would have been humongous, garage or not. 

Sorry Jason, I didnt mean to spin this out into left field. 
If you own both it really makes sense, The garage Models have a large slide-out, so the living area is more like a Motor home,  the biggest part is travlling with the car, we can pull over for the night and live in the trailer like normal,  also when you show up at your destination the car can sit in the garage and the living area stays the same, 

NON garage the car sits in your living room, so the car will always have to come out to have normal living 

Our garage model only sleeps guests,  Most in our sport store there toys, The mfg put a bunch of beds in them but everyone i know does not utilize them 

Super nice to have the car in the garage, our garage is sealed i do not smell the car at all,  in our trailer it has double slides with Theater seating, you will not find that in any Non garage model,  the garage stays as a garage for us,  sometimes i put the car back in at night,  

Wolf Pack 365 pack16 is another choice. Also, if you have a 3/4 ton pickup, it is one of the only ones light enough to haul legal with a decent load. Just the two of us, rarely have guests and the LQ is huge. Plenty of room for anything we do. Garage doesn't have it's own a/c which could be a downfall for anyone wanting to go out early or late season.

Wolf Pack 365 pack16 is another choice. Also, if you have a 3/4 ton pickup, it is one of the only ones light enough to haul legal with a decent load. Just the two of us, rarely have guests and the LQ is huge. Plenty of room for anything we do. Garage doesn't have it's own a/c which could be a downfall for anyone wanting to go out early or late season.

365PACK.jpg

Attitude 39SG=4  

4 Slides 16 foot garage 

Think it was the only 4 Slide Toy Hauler 

2009 Used Eclipse Recreational Vehicles ATTITUDE 39TSG Toy Hauler in Arizona AZ (recreationalvehiclemarket.com)

We looked at one years ago but called them later and they did not know what we are talking about,   this is about the only one i can find 

2009 Eclipse Recreational Vehicles Attitude Toy Hauler Rental in Scottsdale, AZ | Outdoorsy
IT IS LIKE A WW CR MODEL BUT THE SEATING WOULD BE IN THE SLIDES 

vehicle-2009-Used-Eclipse-Recreational-Vehicles-ATTITUDE-39TSG-Toy-Hauler-in-Arizona-AZ-500180...jpg

vehicle-2009-Used-Eclipse-Recreational-Vehicles-ATTITUDE-39TSG-Toy-Hauler-in-Arizona-AZ-500180...jpg

Back