TJ's 2011 Silverado 2500 HD (Duramax/Allison) Solid Axle Swap

Dude, super awesome rig, and thanks for posting!  Awesome to actually hear from somebody with a WFO setup.  It's interesting they set you up with the 10" travel C/O's but set lower and on 37"s.  That would explain the awesome droop!  Did you ask for the 10"s, or did they suggest them?  I might have to see about that.  Overall I'm trying to stay as low as possible to properly clear the 37"s since I have the FWC... but some great droop is always welcome (see my WJ above, lol). 

How did it do in the dunes doing recovery?  Mine has gone out a few times and did surprisingly well on the 35"s and IFS when you consider how heavy they are. 
They suggested 10inch kings to run the 37’s- I ended up adding an inch longer rod end for a little extra height so the tires wouldn’t rub when articulating- then I went to 38’s, which is what it has in those pictures- after a little bfh action it almost never rubs. 

Aired the tires down and it did surprisingly good in the recovery.  It’s just a heavy front end and a lot of weight to control- I’m thinking about upgrading to larger diameter coil-overs. After the telluride trip I added bump stops in the front, haven’t really had it out since but wanted some extra dampening on those harder hits. 

Any issues with parts wearing?

I'm on my second set of ball joints and I lost count on the spindle replacements...

Back