Things to check when looking at a sandcar?

Here it is. Sand Limo Squirt. Stock Honda 3.5, stock Honda computer, 2D, rear bypass shocks, front and rear beadlocks, one owner. The only things I have found so far that it does not have is front brakes and power steering. I know what it will cost to add power steering and the price range of adding front brakes. 0EFCB254-28DD-46A0-A15D-1BD9073D3ACF.jpeg

Solid car to start with.

Do the checks listed by everyone on here but you don't have to worry about bad geometry or anything.  Joe builds a solid frame.

That thing is probably a blast to drive and light weight...not sure if it would need front brakes or even power steering???

Other's can chime in on that.

Good luck with this whole process!

:cheers:

I could be wrong, but upper front driver shock mount looks like it has been repaired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wiggle this harness:

image.png

While it's running to see if it stutters.

If you buy it, I'd re-route the fuel lines and that harness to be better supported.

Oh, and check that radiator carefully for cracks.  It's poorly and rigidly bolted to the chassis.  If it hasn't cracked yet, it will.

But, overall, that car looks like the perfect duner.  I'd buy it if the price was right, even if there were small issues. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what is everyone's price point on this thing? Considering its age, I think I would be at about 22-23k max. 

I'm not an expert nor do I care how much he pays, it's more a "for me" type of thing. 

Solid pickup. That thing has to rip. Honda 3.5 with a 2d has to be pretty bulletproof.  

I'd echo the other comments about front brakes and power steering. I think you are fine without, being that it's a lighter 2 seater. 

Congrats on the purchase!

Congrats, you should be stoked. Go run it keep the money ready. If it ran good for this guy just fix as it breaks

That car is going to give you some fun giggles ripping thru the dunes, congrats

Back