The official Honda Thread

ChasingSand

Reaction score
I think it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to all the members running Honda engines. One place to discuss all things Honda. 

I will kick it off with my current build. Brand new short block and brand new heads. 

Installed the heads yesterday and now am working on the timing components but having an issue with the timing belt cogs matching up to the drivers side cam gear. 

any tips on how to align them? They are all at TDC.

01F50C34-02EF-41DF-B278-D9D06B9105FB.jpeg

9D021AFD-5C0D-4275-BE12-35E2AC284B48.jpeg

I asked about this before the site went down... so i'll ask again cause I forgot the answers, lol.  I need a shop in SoCal that can do the machine work on a honda 3.5.  Things like the cylinder work and head work if needed.  Any suggestions???

I would reach out to C&G in Fontana as I spoke with him about building my block when I ready to go turbo.

Used to be a good shop in Escondido, really knowledgeable with street cars.  C&G did my engine, but engine is stock with turbo.

C&G built the 3.5 in the Funco I just bought.  Closed Deck Block/Rods/Pistons/Injectors and a single turbo on 10lbs.  Pretty rowdy engine. 

C&G built the 3.5 in the Funco I just bought.  Closed Deck Block/Rods/Pistons/Injectors and a single turbo on 10lbs.  Pretty rowdy engine. 
With all that done, turn up that boost...........................ha

I am a stock motor with single turbo at 9lbs putting out 400hp.

With all that done, turn up that boost...........................ha

I am a stock motor with single turbo at 9lbs putting out 400hp.
I have a 15lb spring for the turbo, but the Injectors are maxed out. I would need to get larger injectors first.  Plus its on E85 so the injectors are already pretty large. 

I have a 15lb spring for the turbo, but the Injectors are maxed out. I would need to get larger injectors first.  Plus its on E85 so the injectors are already pretty large. 
Have you looked into the Injector Dynamic 1050's?

I asked about this before the site went down... so i'll ask again cause I forgot the answers, lol.  I need a shop in SoCal that can do the machine work on a honda 3.5.  Things like the cylinder work and head work if needed.  Any suggestions???
Chris Westwood is your man. He builds high horsepower honda's and has a very good reputation doing so. He is in Pacific Beach 858-775-0881

Have you looked into the Injector Dynamic 1050's?
I have not.  This summer I plan on pulling the injectors to check size.  I was told that they are sized for race fuel so they are pretty maxed out on E85 with the ECM running 90%+ duty cycle. I was thinking about getting a larger injector and having it retuned on 12lbs-ish... Its pretty rowdy at 10 now, I wouldn't want to get it were its just too much to enjoy.  Its currently running a bit rich as it pops a-lot so a tune is happening either way. 

Speaking of the tune, does anyone know of a really good E85 tuner in AZ? Computer is a Motec M48 I believe.

When I was speaking with a couple of tuners about my turbo build they all recommended the 1050's for E85. Part number is below.

Odyssey 02-04

1050.48.11.F20.6

$780.00

Just make sure you have the build sheet on the motor before you add more boost, we have see a lot of people blow up motors because someone told them the motor was built.

Also, the Pop could be a lean condition, this seems more likely to me.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I got mine running 10lbs on stock parts.  Got a block I'm cleaning up to run a little higher.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I got mine running 10lbs on stock parts.  Got a block I'm cleaning up to run a little higher.
If you feel like tackling it all yourself, check out Halferland performance. They claim their parts can handle 800+ HP. 

When I was speaking with a couple of tuners about my turbo build they all recommended the 1050's for E85. Part number is below.

Odyssey 02-04

1050.48.11.F20.6

$780.00
Thanks!  Ill check it out. Im not sure what I have in there now. 

Back