The GM52 Hustler clone conversion

Thanks for the shake down report an awesome job, your car is a masterpiece for sure 👍

..intents and ...
Out here in the dunes. Enjoying my time answering questions while I'm not making a dime. If Google can't get my talk to text then f*** y'all and expect the rest because I ain't got time to f****** type and text. Y'all have fun. Peace out. There's 200,000 m************ people out here and if Google ain't got this s*** f****** straight f*** it

Out here in the dunes. Enjoying my time answering questions while I'm not making a dime. If Google can't get my talk to text then f*** y'all and expect the rest because I ain't got time to f****** type and text. Y'all have fun. Peace out. There's 200,000 m************ people out here and if Google ain't got this s*** f****** straight f*** it
Funny chit right thurrrr lol  enjoy the dunes man….no better place  🤙🏼

Just a little rib'n big dog...  Tear it up!  LOL

I saw this car in Person finally a few weeks ago out in the sand.. I must say the attention to detail and the machine Grease has is so very nice. Sometimes when dreams and goals take longer than expected it doesnt always workout but GM has come through making this a dream dune machine for sure.

Thanks Wes,

Gotta let this out as its whats going on. Season is over for the GM52. That ole 3.0 just wont keep head gaskets in it.  The Sand Hawk car that is was, always had issues and I was told it was the nail in the coffin for Gary at CnG. My understanding is he wont touch one after this engine. Well all I can say is we tried. 

I built this car around the subi 6 and the specific weight it has. I've spent the last few weeks giving in and researching an LS option as its more attractive to the masses if I decide to sell in the future. I've discussed this with many off the boards and the purists all say Ive built the perfect duner, the LS will disrupt the balance.  Other say go LS and dont look back. Problem is Ive had both and in both wheel base Funcos.  The gen 6 cars have the appropriate wheel base and an LS is right for them.  This car being 120 inch WB will just be a wheelie mocheen and I dont want that.

John at Outfront and I have also been discussing...

The correct direction for me is to see this thru. Build the Subi and get some seat time.

John is putting together a new platform and we are excited to see it come together.  New 3.6/3.2 stroked 6 cylinder subi. Crank, rods, pistons, billet cams, ported heads, inconel valves, etc....All custom built.   I will be able to use my exhaust, turbo, intake, intercooler, flywheel and new clutch over.

Stump pulling torque with 650 hp on lower boost than before.  And I can keep it at that boost level without the worry of blowing head gaskets.

Build parts are being collected. Cars due back from storage at the end of the month. Ill pull the engine and things will start rolling.

Thats it for now. more to come as this thread continues.

So cool to watch this build! Excellent job, sounds like an absolute dune weapon! looks like one for sure. 
following to see more on Bag pressures. Also looking forward to seeing it in person sometime!
I was dropping pressures the last few trips as the sand conditions changed thanks to the W.

Last run I was at 42 front and 46 rear.

Sucks to hear, I tried a VQ35 twin turbo a while back and it was nothing but problem after problem. I was 2-3X the cost of an LS before I threw in the towel and made the switch to an LS. I sold the car without ever driving it again. I then sold the whole VQ35 set up to a buddy for $5K. He took it to a different tuner and discovered the computer was the problem all along. He invested a small amount of time & money and the motors been ripping ever since. I think you are on the right path as hard as it is to keep going it'll pay off. You'll always have the "if only I just" in the back of your mind but the journey is going to bring you to a place you wouldn't have ended up at. That new Outfront motor is going to make it all worth while. 

Sucks to hear, I tried a VQ35 twin turbo a while back and it was nothing but problem after problem. I was 2-3X the cost of an LS before I threw in the towel and made the switch to an LS. I sold the car without ever driving it again. I then sold the whole VQ35 set up to a buddy for $5K. He took it to a different tuner and discovered the computer was the problem all along. He invested a small amount of time & money and the motors been ripping ever since. I think you are on the right path as hard as it is to keep going it'll pay off. You'll always have the "if only I just" in the back of your mind but the journey is going to bring you to a place you wouldn't have ended up at. That new Outfront motor is going to make it all worth while. 
Agreed and I know the new 3.2 will be worth it on this car.

I remember talking to you that one night at the ledge about your head gasket issues but thought for sure that you would get it resolved. 
I know you have been thinking about this car for a long time. Probably even when you had your first Hustler.  Good to hear that you’re not giving up. 
You can always get an LS car, maybe even a mid. 

I remember talking to you that one night at the ledge about your head gasket issues but thought for sure that you would get it resolved. 
I know you have been thinking about this car for a long time. Probably even when you had your first Hustler.  Good to hear that you’re not giving up. 
You can always get an LS car, maybe even a mid. 
I have been dreaming about it for a long time. Thats why I need to see it thru.

Not sure which round to call this but here we go.

Engine coming out and some parts going to John for balancing the crank in the new engine. 

3.6/3.2 new Subaru in the making.

PXL_20220507_170825072.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back