The GM52 Hustler clone conversion

It has VVT, I don't remember if we worked that into the tune. John and I talked about it a long time ago.  We replaced one broken VVT sensor but not sure if that was being used for timing reference or the actual VVT system. If I recall correctly, it's a minor boost in performance. Most wouldn't even know it was there in the sand. John has set these up for a few other owners that wanted it but again, it's not a game changer so I'm told. 

@John@Outfront your input please. 

Thanks.

And I don't mean to be ignorant on my own stuff. Guess I have a lot of trust in John and well its basically "race car" attitude.  I am busy with business and life and so is John. Just wanting some Glamis life release.  

I trust John. Others have done me wrong. My glamis time is a release like I've said before. John IMO has the same experience. It's nice to work with like minded duners in this business.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3.0 has VVT called avcs (active valve control system I think). It also has ACL ( active cam lift). Same as Hondas VTec. The cam lift is turned in based on rpm only. Like typically 3300 rpm. VVT is active just off idle up to 51deg of cam advance (yes crazy) to improve torque at lower rpm’s. It tapers down to nil at 5000rpm. So peak hours is not helped but overall drivability and ramp up is enhanced. Yes the AEM is working both functions on GM motor

it will be running by noon on monday

Last edited by a moderator:
Back