The GM52 Hustler clone conversion

Yes I've been home. I'm pretty lucky that my shop is 2.5 blocks away from home.

We had a wonderful Christmas eve with my mom and brothers family. 

Babette has work today and tomorrow so I've got a long leach today and tomorrow. 

Soon as it dries up outside, I'm going to test my neighbors patience. 

That's what feels most natural and every car I've had has been this way, as well as every one I've driven but one. In that one that was forward to upshift it was very difficult not to get it wrong and blow the thing up.

-TJ
My G52 was upshift fwd. Only car I ever had with a sequential. Then I picked up this car. Was the same fwd upshift.  Figured that was the norm. Really liked the 3rd to 2nd power shift. Just like the H pattern. Pull back and mash the gas. 

Its going to take me a few trips to get used to the car and the shift sequence but I'm told it will be natural after a while. 

My G52 was upshift fwd. Only car I ever had with a sequential. Then I picked up this car. Was the same fwd upshift.  Figured that was the norm. Really liked the 3rd to 2nd power shift. Just like the H pattern. Pull back and mash the gas. 

Its going to take me a few trips to get used to the car and the shift sequence but I'm told it will be natural after a while. 
You'll definitely find it more natural once you adjust. As you're accelerating being pushed back pulling the shifter back just feels right. Similarly when you're slowing down and being forced forward it just seems natural to push the shifter forward. 

-TJ

Shifter works. 

Engine not so much. Just did a hot lap in the parking lot to then load it on the trailer.

Trucks fueled up. @tjZ06 fuel tank I bought fueled up, another 40gal of fuel jugs for the trailer. Cars full too. 

Enjoy the new years fellas. 

I'm out.

PXL_20211226_203554618.TS.mp4

PXL_20211226_203554618.TS_exported_6405_1640553093494.jpg

PXL_20211226_203554618.TS_exported_9306_1640553098793.jpg

PXL_20211226_203554618.TS_exported_2504_1640553105440.jpg

Attachments

I'd be having a few words with the greenest guy in glamis right about now... 

Sorry to see that man, was hoping to see you out tearing it up this week :classic_sad:

I'd be having a few words with the greenest guy in glamis right about now... 

Sorry to see that man, was hoping to see you out tearing it up this week :classic_sad:
John didn't open it up this time. Just checked it out. It's a special block that Gary originally built with custom o ringed heads. 

I've got it cleaned out and running with no coolant. Couple of oil changes so it's clean inside. It's running great. Just an internal coolant issue right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
John didn't open it up this time. Just checked it out. It's a special block that Gary originally built with custom o ringed heads. 

I've got it cleaned out and running with no coolant. Couple of oil changes so it's clean inside. It's running great. Just an internal coolant issue right now. 
Gotchya, hopefully y'all can get it figured out quick. You are sooooo close to the finish line man. It's always something...

:cheers:  

Ffffuuuuuu that's a bummer man. Can't say I haven't been in a very similar situation. 

-TJ

Back