Supercross/Outdoor Motorcross

Can't wait for the KR team announcement, some ones got to be willing to grab him, but maybe he wants to much $$$

Great interview. 450 Class is EFFN Gnarly! Peace

BORN TO WIN

“My first bike was the Yamaha PW50 which I got when I was 5, and that’s where it all started. It’s really cool to have started on a Yamaha and now to be racing one!”

From his first professional outing Tomac was destined for great things, becoming the first rider in history of the sport to win on his debut when he took victory in the 250cc AMA Motocross Hangtown season opener. 250cc podiums and wins followed in abundance, but it was the 2017 450cc Pro Motocross season that truly cemented his legacy. With an incredible 58% podium rate across the year he took his first 450MX title with four overall wins, confirming his place in the history books.

Eli was just getting started however, and in his 2018 title defence year he showed even more grit and fire to win the first five rounds and end the season as champion again, with a crushing 83% podium rate and eight round wins from 12. Defending a title once is a feat few have accomplished, and even fewer can say they’ve defended it twice. Eli Tomac however belongs to the latter, going on to take the 2019 450 MX title with a staggering 92% podium rate and six wins from 12.

2020 saw Eli add another crown to his record, claiming the highly coveted 450SX Championship with seven round victories from 17 and a 71% podium rate. Such is the impressive number of victories that the Coloradan has amassed that he sits as the winningest rider currently active in both premier class championships.

“Racing is about still having the desire to chase wins and to have a good time doing it. You need the motivation and desire. A lot of people get burned out at my age and joining Yamaha has probably extended my career, it’s been nothing but posit

WINNING WAYS

“Part of my reason for joining Yamaha was when I looked at the team environment, I felt like it would be a good fit. I knew I’d be capable of being great in MX and SX, I saw Dylan doing so well in 2021 and I knew it could be a success.”

Eli joins the Monster Energy Star Yamaha Racing 450 Team as it looks to build on a fantastic premier class debut and keep hold of the #1 plates. All three 2021 riders earnt their first 450SX podiums in the Championship to finish comfortably inside the top 10 at the end of the year, while their Pro Motocross season saw even more success. Alongside Frenchman Ferrandis’ riders’ title with a round to spare, Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. earned Manufacturer of the Year honors, and the Monster Energy Star Yamaha Racing Team was named Team of the Year. Jeremy Coker was awarded Team Manager of the Year, and the 450 Mechanic of the Year went to Ferrandis’ mechanic, Alex Campbell.

At the time of writing Eli leads the 2022 Monster Energy AMA Supercross standings and with the start of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross season just three months away few would doubt his chances of fighting for another prestigious title.

“To get out of the West Coast in Supercross with the Red Plate (points leader) is huge for us, my goal was to win but to actually be in this position is really neat, it’s going to be a fight all the way to the end!”

Roczen is a greenie machinie? Just saw a picture on FB. Two bikes with the 94 on them. 

Came here to see if its true. Made it seem like hes not testing the bikes but actually signed. Possibly was click bait i didnt read the comments or click any link. 

Back