Sunset hill

Few things better than making the run (I am a wash guy) from Brawley through Olds to Osborn at 7am, I stay way from that area after 3pm so many huge groups of sxs/rails/quads its gotten crazy to try an make fast runs unless you go early. Jonesin for some mother G
I love the same run but 7 am is very aggressive if ya go to bed at 3-4am sir 

Last edited by a moderator:
For as long as I have been going with my group...since about 2002, we just call it going a dune over.

Any dune can be somewhere to watch sunset.

:dbart:
Same.  As long as I've done Glamis, we'd go "somewhere" a couple times per trip to have some cold ones and watch the sunset.  I just got introduced to going to "the ledge" or "sunset hill" or whatever we're calling it this week a couple seasons ago.  I enjoy it on an off-weekday, but I don't care for it too much on a busy weekend.  The dueling stereo battles are too much for me... 

-TJ

For as long as I have been going with my group...since about 2002, we just call it going a dune over.

Any dune can be somewhere to watch sunset.

:dbart:
First got introduced to this type of experience by the one and only Cheff & Smplr. Before that we would be on a ride and would stop and find a steep dune facing the other way and just chill out in the shade, They would just ride to a ridge by camp and tip a few back with friends as the sun went down.  It also was a short trip back to camp, just in case somebody :drunkesco:   Next thing I know it's this big deal over where it is now. The company at hill 22 is better but the entertainment at the ledge is...... Ledgendary 

Seems to me Honda Point would be the optimal vantage point for sunset. Isn’t it the highest “peak” in the dunes? I know a group of more than ten might make it crowded but you’re looking down on everything from up there.

Our small camp always does a "night hike".  Head up to the tallest dune behind camp.  Do it without flashlights.  Makes an interesting walk depending on the moon. 

Great views of fireworks some weekends. 

20210326_210856.jpg

20210326_211150.jpg

I started going there about 2005-2006. Only about 10-20 people that went there. Someone named it the ledge back then, not to be confused with the shelf. The shelf is another place that some of used to go to watch the carnage after dinner not far from camp. OG 

Seems to me Honda Point would be the optimal vantage point for sunset. Isn’t it the highest “peak” in the dunes? I know a group of more than ten might make it crowded but you’re looking down on everything from up there.
Same place. 

Same.  As long as I've done Glamis, we'd go "somewhere" a couple times per trip to have some cold ones and watch the sunset.  I just got introduced to going to "the ledge" or "sunset hill" or whatever we're calling it this week a couple seasons ago.  I enjoy it on an off-weekday, but I don't care for it too much on a busy weekend.  The dueling stereo battles are too much for me... 

-TJ
So, you guys hold hands and sing Kumbaya right?

I mean...um uh...no we don't do that either!

:bag:

:lmao:

They started doing this in Dumont too.... there are two "Sunset Hills" now.

Back in the day we just called it a dune run and stopped to have a cold one where ever the dune ride took us and noticed the sun going down.

The KEY to these sunset rides is getting yore woman just tipsey enough that she's all keyed up by the romance of the sunset that when yore back at the rig its get HER DONE time!

200.gif
200.gif
200.gif

The KEY to these sunset rides is getting yore woman just tipsey enough that she's all keyed up by the romance of the sunset that when yore back at the rig its get HER DONE time!

Ah now this makes perfect sense 

People don't dune like we used to, now everyone needs a destination so they can look at each other...................love stopping in the middle of nowhere
I can't believe the amount of sh!t people pull out of their sxs when they roll up to their destination. EZ up, camp chairs, tables, portable shitter, it doesn't end. Glad they have a destination to go too, lets us know the areas to avoid.

So, you guys hold hands and sing Kumbaya right?

I mean...um uh...no we don't do that either!

:bag:

:lmao:
No, no, no... this man has the right idea: 

Ive had a old timer call it Lights out Bowl... Any old times here that can confirm it?

People don't dune like we used to, now everyone needs a destination so they can look at each other...................love stopping in the middle of nowhere
My only destination when heading out is camp when done. Mean time anyone's guess.

Back