SPEED Tech

@ROBERT L The race car had a slip on fitting where the hose attached. It came off and they lost all oil from the engine. Thankfully no fires perhaps due to the way the turbo is situated at the rear of the car instead of behind a firewall. I believe they forgot about  it due to being spread so thin with RG piling on last minute work on a very thin skeleton crew. RG has said that this has been addressed on the production units as it has a barbed fitting. I’ll probably add a clamp for insurance  😉 

edit: please don’t move this to the other thread like my previous posts. That’s why I don’t post as much. 

edit :2 it was a slip fitting on the AOS (Air oil separator?) That came loose. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@ROBERT L The race car had a slip on fitting where the hose attached. It came off and they lost all oil from the engine. Thankfully no fires perhaps due to the way the turbo is situated at the rear of the car instead of behind a firewall. I believe they forgot about  it due to being spread so thin with RG piling on last minute work on a very thin skeleton crew. RG has said that this has been addressed on the production units as it has a barbed fitting. I’ll probably add a clamp for insurance  😉 

edit: please don’t move this to the other thread like my previous posts. That’s why I don’t post as much. 
Explains why they didn’t see any dummy lights turn on until it was basically empty.

Yours truly maaaaaaay have oiled down the racing line at Willow Springs for a similar snafu. It happens, luckily I got meatballed after the corner workers saw people spinning for no reason and a smokescreen behind me… :biggrin:

Does anyone have pics of were to check the oil and fluids for basic maintenance? 

I don't have pic's because I don't have a car...... yet  :classic_laugh:  The dry sump has a sight tube to see the oil level. The diffs also have sight glasses to see the fluid levels. There have been pictures posted of both of these, I just don't have them.

I have to say this thread is very informative. excuse me if this was covered somewhere and I missed it, what material is RG using for suspension bushings?

Back