SPEED Tech

Banshee2001

Reaction score
Audio sucks but here is last weeks video. Shows the production clutches. 

@Sand Shark I think you might be the most excited of us all to see this thing come to life!!  😜Just get in line already and order one, you know it’s killing you.  Here’s a few more shots of production parts. #theroadto200pages

DCC456B5-AB55-4245-98E7-B6D1079666FA.jpeg

6A6BE3AB-CDE8-487C-BAF6-03BCC7DD9A88.jpeg

1AEE1704-7695-4BA7-AE9F-445AA6B699EC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Robot welded production frame, production  parts except for King lower coils still, and lights finally. 

2A3AB5CB-15A2-49D1-B8E1-2750BFA5F149.jpeg

ECEB6BF8-3626-4D84-A5B0-7AE74D516FFF.jpeg

EEACCF32-8722-4138-9177-1E4B8808DCD3.jpeg

Watched video #58 last week and thought it was fascinating. The engine builder mentioned how a piston flexes and how they control the size of the port that expands the compression rings. Race part versus a production part. 

Topic that got me the most was at 20:10 talking about front wheel toe and tie rod placement. Robbie says in the front youre always striving to have toe out. Is that because its a 4 wheel drive vehicle? I know some front wheel drive cars purposely have toe out, because under load it goes back to neutral. I would have guessed a sxs had toe in like a quad or truck on the highway. 

Just looked at the Speed website, so certain components of the suspension are not patented, like the shocks.....but who makes them?

When I see parts "Dolled up" with logos, it makes me wonder who the mfg is...

Maybe this is already known information :dunno:
The shocks are his own design, based on his prior IBP shocks. He didn't reveal any details about what makes them better than Fox or King, but in one video he did state that he had been using valving tricks that neither Fox or King had ever developed, so that's why he used his own design.

He also designed the front grill, which he admits looks a lot like an Escalade, and the tire tread pattern, which is the "S" logo at about a 45* angle.

Most of his patented stuff is in little things, like the integrated front bulkhead/differential, how the hydraulic steering is built around the front diff, double shear mounts on tons of stuff, etc. This is going to prevent the other mfrs from using the same methods, so their steering geometry is going to be inferior, their track width will continue to change drastically, bump steer and steering kickback are going to remain higher, etc, etc.

He spent a lot of time on the little details, like bolt design, for example. He designed his with the exact correct amount of shaft vs threads, so the tabs aren't exposed to any threads, the shaft extends 1/4" past the tab, then the nut is undercut by 1/4" with a knurled shoulder on it. This way the threads don't wallow out the tabs and the end of the threaded portion is at least 1/4" away from the tab. This prevents bolts snapping at the threads and wallowing out the tab holes which occurs when other mfrs buy off the shelf bolts that are cheaper, but don't fit exactly right.

At least One of the cars there  at the show had Wilwood brakes on it. Didn’t grab a picture but definitely Wilwood calipers. 

I have not been able to speak to Robby to find out why the oil filter cover design I came up with, that was going to be used in the final production engine, is not being used? Without a drain plug, removing the oil filter is going to be a mess. Unless they have tested and proven it’s not going to be, but there should be about 1/2 a quart of oil if not more sitting there.

After my first oil change will determine if I have someone duplicate the oil filter cover with a machined aluminum one that integrates a drain plug. Will probably have to make a bunch of them to justify the cost. 

View attachment 44199

View attachment 44200

View attachment 44201
Wow, good eye. I remember RG talking about this. So cool he was listening to input from his customers. Hopefully he gets it done. 

Back