So can you do it?

Recent blood pressure reading. Heartrate at 49. That was full rest and typically resting is around 58.

View attachment 17973
Do you recommend a blood pressure monitor? Since my twenties at doctors appt. Iv always been told my blood pressure is high, nurses have taken it two three times on multiple occasions. I wanted to start to monitor myself before I go to the doc. High BP runs in the fam as well.

I was working out a lot during Covid, my gym was sneaky open, then 4 months ago I got tendinitis in my Achilles.  If you haven't had it, you are lucky.  I couldn't walk on it for a week, it is now almost 5 weeks later and it still doesn't feel right.  Every person I talk to says stop doing gym workouts (a soft version of crossfit), I am getting too old (54 yrs old).  My point, at our ages, know your limitations.  I was trying to keep up with 35 yr olds.

During these 5 weeks, I have lost 25lbs of muscle.  Looks great on the scale, but my upper body strength has disappeared.  My PT doctor says to start riding a bike.  I am now contemplating a Peloton or something similar.  Do Cardio and  push ups as my new workout.  Only thing, I hate pedaling, but I might need to for cardio and ease on my body........ugh.

One other thing I have done thru this period, eat half as much for dinner.................
Did ya ever get a peloton? My wife got one and swears by it.She bought the couples kit so I have clip in shoes, heart monitor, water bottle, ear buds ect.., i think she was hinting at something. 

Do you recommend a blood pressure monitor? Since my twenties at doctors appt. Iv always been told my blood pressure is high, nurses have taken it two three times on multiple occasions. I wanted to start to monitor myself before I go to the doc. High BP runs in the fam as well.
Absolutely to keep an eye on your blood pressure. It is no joke for sure.

Persistent high blood pressure can increase your risk of a number of serious and potentially life-threatening health conditions, such as:
  • heart disease.
  • heart attacks.
  • strokes.
  • heart failure.
  • peripheral arterial disease.
  • aortic aneurysms.
  • kidney disease.
  • vascular dementia.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to complications including:
  • Heart attack or stroke. ...
  • Aneurysm. ...
  • Heart failure. ...
  • Weakened and narrowed blood vessels in your kidneys. ...
  • Thickened, narrowed or torn blood vessels in the eyes. ...
  • Metabolic syndrome. ...
  • Trouble with memory or understanding. ...
  • Dementia.

I do the bike and rowing machine then weight training. Whole workout with stretching at the end is 50-55 minutes.  Harder to get your heart rate up on the bike because you are only using lower body. The rower does whole body and easier to get your heart rate higher. Awesome low impact machine for cardio. The Concept 2 machines are the cats meow. Also keeps your core and back strong. You can find used ones on CL but they don't go for to much cheaper than new. Maybe a couple of hundred depending on the time on the unit. They really hold their value. A thick seat pad added is a must. https://www.roguefitness.com/black-concept-2-rowerg-rower-pm5-black?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrJOMBhCZARIsAGEd4VHuz117ewNcxQyMRs19BKRKrQQ4nOihmZW4jIzW85qHKRTIyULMFBYaAg_SEALw_wcB

Did ya ever get a peloton? My wife got one and swears by it.She bought the couples kit so I have clip in shoes, heart monitor, water bottle, ear buds ect.., i think she was hinting at something. 
nope, I need to go use a friend's first.

nope, I need to go use a friend's first.
If you have a bicycle already get a Wahoo trainer or something similar (they sell complete bike trainers as well). Peleton is not a smart trainer with a smart trainer you can use Zwift or trainer road and its a pretty cool experience with the automatic resistance when you come to a climb or an interval. I despise stationary bikes / trainers but they are great for some people. I put in 8-15hrs a week on bike but can't do a trainer for 5min... 

<------------Guilty. I know it's time! Been in the brain for all of 2021. Peace

If you have a bicycle already get a Wahoo trainer or something similar (they sell complete bike trainers as well). Peleton is not a smart trainer with a smart trainer you can use Zwift or trainer road and its a pretty cool experience with the automatic resistance when you come to a climb or an interval. I despise stationary bikes / trainers but they are great for some people. I put in 8-15hrs a week on bike but can't do a trainer for 5min... 
Can I put my pedego on the wahoo? :classic_tongue:

20210907_113506.jpg

https://whole30.com/do-the-whole30/

Two years ago I went on a whole food journey. I did the "TheWhole30" I ended up going for 9 months. BP dropped , resting heart rate dropped, seasonal allergies went away , some dry skin issues went away. Body weight went from 198 to 175. 198 to 188 in the first month. Weight loss is not the goal with this but it will be a byproduct. 

The easy part No portion control, No calorie counting I ate as much as I wanted. You get all your carbs from potatoes and fruit etc.

The hard part is keeping the house stocked up with good whole food. 

I think the biggest factor is thay you eliminate the "Three White Devils"  White Sugar, White Flour and White milk. This is the only type of eating plan I could stick to becasue it is not carb phobic.  It is basically a Paleo diet that allows potatoes and believe that is big deal. 

I have since veered off into the world of beer and pizza again and some weight has come back : (

The meals are awseome, big plates of roasted veggies and potatoes with steak fish chicken eggs etc. No problem with the meals, it's the crap i have added back that is getting me fat and unhealthy again. 

I need to get back on the train. 

*btw all I did was read the book it starts with food. I did not buy any products from them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this is gonna sound funny, but....

CHEW your food...all the way!

Don't take some big ass bite, chew 2 times and gulp it down.

The more you chew the more you break the food down and you actually can end up eating less believe it or not!

Try it...do the 32 counts.

I usually end up doing more. Now I don't count every single bite, but you get in the habit of chewing till its gone and easy digestion and you end up eating less food cause of it too believe it or not.

:dbart:

Ok, this is gonna sound funny, but....

CHEW your food...all the way!

Don't take some big ass bite, chew 2 times and gulp it down.

The more you chew the more you break the food down and you actually can end up eating less believe it or not!

Try it...do the 32 counts.

I usually end up doing more. Now I don't count every single bite, but you get in the habit of chewing till its gone and easy digestion and you end up eating less food cause of it too believe it or not.

:dbart:
im on the opposite side, trying to gain weight. i hate eating. normally my last few bits im drinking water with it and swallowing them like giant pills. 

Back