Smog now required on older diesel coaches

The diesel motorhome fee / registration is now a requirement in Imperial Valley , we are not really smog exempt but the only time we need to do a smog test on a regular vehicle is when it is sold .

Got a letter from CARB saying a vehicle I 'may' own could 'possibly' fall under the new smog rule.  Went on the website to register it as a personal RV.  Navigating the website is annoying AF.  Had to enter the VIN, plate, make and model.  I completed everything and they said it will be reviewed and they'll let me know if it's exempt or not.

Got a letter from CARB saying a vehicle I 'may' own could 'possibly' fall under the new smog rule.  Went on the website to register it as a personal RV.  Navigating the website is annoying AF.  Had to enter the VIN, plate, make and model.  I completed everything and they said it will be reviewed and they'll let me know if it's exempt or not.
I think that exemption got wiped away with the 2023 revisions to the laws. 

Got one of these as well. Have not looked into it yet.

Dad said he got his new tags but they said it will need to get smogged starting in 2025. Pretty lame, still not sure if it would even pass inspection. 

Time to look out of State for these registrations...  www. dirtlegal .com  can help with out of state registration done it simple. 

Time to look out of State for these registrations...  www. dirtlegal .com  can help with out of state registration done it simple. 
It doesnt matter. Even out of state motorhomes are required to smog at the border. They are building them now at the points of entry and are subject to rolling checks at the popup smog stops. We get them all over san diego county.

good new is i hear out of state truckers might bring this all down. I have an acquaintance that works logistics for a trucking company in cali and she said alot of truckers are refusing to enter the state now and are leaving trailers at the border. So now she has To divert their trucks to go get things from the border. This all may come crashing down pretty quick. Once again carb shooting all cali citizens in the back 

Just an FYI and update... if you submit the Carb crap , YOU have to call the DMV to make them process it.....if not it will sit in limbo forever... 916-657-8035 they'll call you back. Now I should see it in get this....

2 weeks...... ha when have I heard that before.........

Just an FYI and update... if you submit the Carb crap , YOU have to call the DMV to make them process it.....if not it will sit in limbo forever... 916-657-8035 they'll call you back. Now I should see it in get this....

2 weeks...... ha when have I heard that before.........
sigh .

this is so bad  ...

Back