Smog now required on older diesel coaches

Well the wife went to AAA and got our tags.  This was at the Redlands office. They have one person that is taking care of the CARB.  Silvia copied all the documents and they still had to get on the DMV. Website to confirm everything.   

Well the wife went to AAA and got our tags.  This was at the Redlands office. They have one person that is taking care of the CARB.  Silvia copied all the documents and they still had to get on the DMV. Website to confirm everything.   
I took care of my 2023 and 2024 compliance fees on the CARB website and waited for my tags. Two weeks later and nothing so I called the DMV. I  spoke with someone who actually wanted to help me. Five minutes on the phone and a week later I had my tags.

I took care of my 2023 and 2024 compliance fees on the CARB website and waited for my tags. Two weeks later and nothing so I called the DMV. I  spoke with someone who actually wanted to help me. Five minutes on the phone and a week later I had my tags.
You definitely had better luck than I had.  

I have a 2004 gas motorhome, biggest issue is finding people local that will smog it.

So our tags are due in July, wife already sent in the payment...will I have to pay a compliance fee as well?  Nothing in the registration on that? 

So our tags are due in July, wife already sent in the payment...will I have to pay a compliance fee as well?  Nothing in the registration on that? 
Most likely. We got no notification until we got the None Compliance letter.  At least you’ve got a heads up it could happen. Mine was a punch in the gut.  

Your registration will not show anything regarding a smog check. You will receive a notification from the DMV that states your renewal is on hold due to noncompliance with CARB (or something of that nature). Register your MH on the clean truck website and pay your compliance fee of $62.00 total for 2023 and 2024. DMV hold will be released. 

I called dmv today, they said the tags were in process and will take between 10-30 days to arrive. I think it was bs but at least it’s in progress 

Eff, CA is a peace of chit state... can't wait to get the F out of here.............

Hate this state...received my Motorhome Owner letter from CARB requiring me to register in the CTC-VIS system. Bought my used older diesel motorhome to avoid bi-annual smog checks with my old gasoline motorhome, always a pain in the a.. ! Now every year. Its a 2003 Freightliner and the previous owner changed out the air filter inlet and the exhaust muffler, will I need to find original equipment? Registration isn't due until January 25.

"HJ"    :ex:     :cheers:

I've had to do an emission test on my DP every year to get my tags in Phoenix, Az. So all of you Cali peeps wanting to move here thinking it's just a gravy train, move somewhere else cause it's just as strict and expensive as where you comin from.

Hate this state...received my Motorhome Owner letter from CARB requiring me to register in the CTC-VIS system. Bought my used older diesel motorhome to avoid bi-annual smog checks with my old gasoline motorhome, always a pain in the a.. ! Now every year. Its a 2003 Freightliner and the previous owner changed out the air filter inlet and the exhaust muffler, will I need to find original equipment? Registration isn't due until January 25.

"HJ"    :ex:     :cheers:
 I do not believe those items are emissions equipment related and I don’t think that a 2003 Cummins had any emissions equipment on it. 

fwiw, My 2000 Fleetwood cummins has always needed emissions every 2 years here in Phoenix. Stupid, yes. But cheap and painless.

I don't know how it passes because she smokes pretty good for a few seconds on heavy accel. but hey   :dunno:

I pad the extortion to the big guy? do I just sit and wait for tags now?

Anyone know if smog exempt counties require this?

Back