Single stack or double stack. Whats your 1911 preference

Single stack or double stack mag?

• Single

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Double

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
My first issued weapon was a 1911, carried that for a year then I built a Para Ordnance for duty. When I switched departments I asked if I could carry it but they said no! 

So for me, I like both for sentimental reasons. Still have my Para. 

I always wanted a 1911. Shot and held many. Never found one I felt fit my hand well enough to own it. 

One day I was in Turners. There was a raw of 1911's on the bottom shelf with price tags flipped over. I asked to hold one. It was an Ed Brown. It fit and it felt right. Single stack special forces. I asked if I could pull the trigger with a dummy round and they said no. I asked again. No was th answer. I them laid my cc on the counter and asked for the manager. He came over and said there policy on high value guns was not to allow it. I stood my ground and he cut the ties loose. Put a dummy round in it and I bought it. 

Ive owned it for 5 years and have yet to shoot the dam thing. 

One day. 

It's a beauty. It's machine tolerances are second to none. I've looked at colts and Kimber's but they just don't line up like this one. 

I always wanted a 1911. Shot and held many. Never found one I felt fit my hand well enough to own it. 

One day I was in Turners. There was a raw of 1911's on the bottom shelf with price tags flipped over. I asked to hold one. It was an Ed Brown. It fit and it felt right. Single stack special forces. I asked if I could pull the trigger with a dummy round and they said no. I asked again. No was th answer. I them laid my cc on the counter and asked for the manager. He came over and said there policy on high value guns was not to allow it. I stood my ground and he cut the ties loose. Put a dummy round in it and I bought it. 

Ive owned it for 5 years and have yet to shoot the dam thing. 

One day. 

It's a beauty. It's machine tolerances are second to none. I've looked at colts and Kimber's but they just don't line up like this one. 
I really want an Ed Brown to go with the Les and Wilson, lol. FWIW I've been told dropping the slide with no round is actually worse for 1911s than dry fire.

-TJ

I love 1911s and have had both. I got a para and sold it pretty quick because it did not do much for me. I prefer the single stack myself 

Screenshot_20200913-201759_Gallery.jpg20200903_205458.jpg20200905_160855.jpg

What year did the switch happen?

-TJ
I was told around 2001 when they had to start ramping up production to meet demand. From my understanding its mostly high production series of base models. I purchased a custom shop cdp2 after 01 and it was a great gun. Para’s quality went out the door around the same time. 

Love the trp professional! Awesome gun

para and kimber beg to differ on the conceal carry 1911

p10View attachment 21743

kimber cdp ultra carry

View attachment 21744
Thanks. I was looking for a standard TRP and saw one of these pop up for sale. By the time I did some research and found out what it was, it had sold. This one popped up for sale on calguns a few months later and I bought it. I've shot a para warthog. It is a heavy tank of a gun. Concealable but heavy enough I wouldn't want to carry it. I've gone with the plastic fantastic glocks for that job. 

My commander is a target gun and home defense. Wouldn’t mind carrying a nice compact 1911 but went with a glock 43 for ccw love the slimness and compact size. 

i tend to buy a gun for specific purpose wheter its caliber or size. My g 20 I can’t shoot it as good as my colt but then again the 45 is no match for 15 rounds 10mm as an outdoor camping gun. Out of the 4 handguns I own my 1911 is my favorite 
I like the glock 30 in .45 myself. Tiny, but I can hold it and it accepts 13 round G21 mags if I wanted it to. I can't shoot it near as well as a 1911 though. 

Those look nice.  I was with @Fireballsocal when I used to own firearms my 1911 was my favorite and most accurate but I never carried it. My EDC was a G27 or Shield. 
Same same. Never shot a shield though. An XD9 was also in my safe twice. Great gun but I sold each of them at different times as I didn't shoot them enough. 

it makes me wonder if having a 9mm (VS a 45) & the "bull barrel" (assuming its constructed the way I think it is), if that helps.  I like 185 Gr in my 1911 because Im a kitty & it helps me keep it on target.  Ive never even considered anything smaller than 45, but for some reason this has me intrigued...  LOL.  I would love to shoot one of these.  Im jones'n to spend some money on a new pew pew...  LOL. 

Back