Single stack or double stack. Whats your 1911 preference

Single stack or double stack mag?

• Single

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Double

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
I love my 1911's because of what they are. Fatter grip on them does not appeal to me at all.

For higher capacity, HK USP all the way baby!

Colt single vs para double pretty close (with modified magwell and hogue grip colt vz para

4A990082-0973-4D98-AD58-33CB95E96072.jpeg

DAEE6E0A-0547-432A-B953-FE8A0FE5ED0C.jpeg

1911's need to be a 1911 which means single stack.  If I want capacity, I grab a Glock.

Sold my only 1911 several years ago.  But I kept some mags and a can of 45 because I know I'll have one again.

1911's need to be a 1911 which means single stack.  If I want capacity, I grab a Glock.

Sold my only 1911 several years ago.  But I kept some mags and a can of 45 because I know I'll have one again.

I love my 1911's because of what they are. Fatter grip on them does not appeal to me at all.

For higher capacity, HK USP all the way baby!

I agree with you guys. Im extremely accurate with a basic 1911. I really like heavy 1911’s for accuracy with speed. The paras with their alumn frames run a little on the lightweight side. 

The hk has always felt a little too large in my hand, had one years ago i sold to a board member. 

For polymer guns i really like the springfield xd’s (and s&w m&p shield)  for their geometry that mimics the 1911.  

Sig is a gun with really good geometry too. Im a stickler for streamlining what you shoot. So i like all of my pistols to feel relatively the same. 

If I could only have one it would be a single stack, they have the classic look and great feel in the hand. The double stacks are a little chunky and weird feeling to me, though I wouldn't kick one out of the safe if I had one!

Dare I say though, the only 1911 and the only .45 in the safe is my wife's Sig 1911 TTT.

F5B905A1-3F59-4A41-BC1E-8AE7A3A41556.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Single stack for sure i love my colt commander fits hand so good.I also have a glock 20 which is same frame as the 21 wgich is 45 and that grip is thick.I only bought the 20 for camping and outdoors though so it didnt matter.

I can shoot my 1911 so well its my main target gun.

If I could only have one it would be a single stack, they have the classic look and great feel in the hand. The double stacks are a little chunky and weird feeling to me, though I wouldn't kick one out of the safe if I had one!

Dare I say though, the only 1911 and the only .45 in the safe is my wife's Sig 1911 TTT.

View attachment 21493
Nice peace. Lots of 1911 purists take offense to the external extractor sig and s&w use

Single for me, If I want a double I'll grab my Sig P320... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as everyone else. A 1911 will never be a carry gun for me though it's the pistol I shoot the best. It's just a range shooter. I think every gun owner should have one or atleast shoot one once. I was blown away the first time I shot a Springfield 1911 TRP. So much so that I sold a few rugers and glocks and bought this professional. 

64333631134__8B21BAD8-AFEB-49A0-B27F-B93BE5661135.jpg

I like both, the colt single stack and the double stack para ordinance I have.  they shoot well and are trouble free.

Same as everyone else. A 1911 will never be a carry gun for me though it's the pistol I shoot the best. It's just a range shooter. I think every gun owner should have one or atleast shoot one once. I was blown away the first time I shot a Springfield 1911 TRP. So much so that I sold a few rugers and glocks and bought this professional. 

View attachment 21733
Love the trp professional! Awesome gun

para and kimber beg to differ on the conceal carry 1911

p10758CFDF7-3541-44DE-A6AE-687E90ED2A78.jpeg

kimber cdp ultra carry

54B35E11-85A4-4F92-84FD-65E1CED74356.jpeg

Before the boating accident where I lost all my firearms, I had a Les Baer, a Wilson Combat, and a couple Kimbers (I know, I know ppl will poo-poo Kimbers but I like 'em and they run well, not as precise as the Les or Wilson but still far better than all my, errr my ex-polymer stuff).  I like 'em single stack, and the way they fit my hand (and TBH I don't have small hands) is just like nothing else, as well as the slide-trigger that makes a 1911 so unique.  I ha...d a bunch of Glocks, mostly highly modified, and I used triggers in those that are meant to emulate the "straight back" trigger motion as closely as possible with a pivot-trigger.  For double-stack capacity I ha...d a G21 SF with a highly modded frame that fits my hand pretty well and the modded frame/grip creates closer to a 1911 angle.  It's not a match-shooting target rig, but with a red-dot, light, etc. and "run in the mud" reliability it's nice for keepin' the 2-legged varmits out of the house. 

-TJ

View attachment 21733
My commander is a target gun and home defense. Wouldn’t mind carrying a nice compact 1911 but went with a glock 43 for ccw love the slimness and compact size. 

i tend to buy a gun for specific purpose wheter its caliber or size. My g 20 I can’t shoot it as good as my colt but then again the 45 is no match for 15 rounds 10mm as an outdoor camping gun. Out of the 4 handguns I own my 1911 is my favorite 

Before the boating accident where I lost all my firearms, I had a Les Baer, a Wilson Combat, and a couple Kimbers (I know, I know ppl will poo-poo Kimbers but I like 'em and they run well, not as precise as the Les or Wilson but still far better than all my, errr my ex-polymer stuff).  I like 'em single stack, and the way they fit my hand (and TBH I don't have small hands) is just like nothing else, as well as the slide-trigger that makes a 1911 so unique.  I ha...d a bunch of Glocks, mostly highly modified, and I used triggers in those that are meant to emulate the "straight back" trigger motion as closely as possible with a pivot-trigger.  For double-stack capacity I ha...d a G21 SF with a highly modded frame that fits my hand pretty well and the modded frame/grip creates closer to a 1911 angle.  It's not a match-shooting target rig, but with a red-dot, light, etc. and "run in the mud" reliability it's nice for keepin' the 2-legged varmits out of the house. 

-TJ
I personally like kimber’s (at least the early one’s) like everything they didnt age well the newer para’s arent quite the quality of the older ones too. I have an older and newer para. Older is definitely better quality 

I personally like kimber’s (at least the early one’s) like everything they didnt age well the newer para’s arent quite the quality of the older ones too. I have an older and newer para. Older is definitely better quality 
What year did the switch happen?

-TJ

Back