Retired yet??

Throw Sand Point in there if you can. My buddy bought a condo right on the water a couple years ago, and I went last year to check it out.

I did NOT want to come home!!!

don’t tell anyone about Sandpoint. It’s already getting to busy lol. I’ve been there for about 5 years now. Just got back after spending the last 3 months there.

don’t tell anyone about Sandpoint. It’s already getting to busy lol. I’ve been there for about 5 years now. Just got back after spending the last 3 months there.

10-4. It will be our secret. 🤐

Reactions: cek
Where is your pad? There are a few peeps on RDP that have nice places up there.

My friends condo is in a little cove, just north of the SP marina.
We’re in Dover. Just west of Sandpoint. My neighbor had a friend stop by this summer that has a place in Havasu. It had a Gulf themed M41 I believe. It was beautiful.

Is your buddy in the new Seasons condos?

Attachments

• IMG_4635.png
    IMG_4635.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
July 2025 my Modified Rule of 75 kicks in and my pension will be very nice. Nice enough that I can retire and NGAF about things.

Trick is making it another year and paying down the house payment via recasting the mortgage. No intention to pay it off...just get it's stupid low. We already pay less then allot of folks pay for rent.

Anything past another year is just gravy.

We’re in Dover. Just west of Sandpoint. My neighbor had a friend stop by this summer that has a place in Havasu. It had a Gulf themed M41 I believe. It was beautiful.

Is your buddy in the new Seasons condos?

Don't think so? He's on Whiskyjack Circle. Right on the water. I'm so jealous of him!!! :P

Reactions: cek
July 2025 my Modified Rule of 75 kicks in and my pension will be very nice. Nice enough that I can retire and NGAF about things.

Trick is making it another year and paying down the house payment via recasting the mortgage. No intention to pay it off...just get it's stupid low. We already pay less then allot of folks pay for rent.

Anything past another year is just gravy.
Never heard of the recasting deal???
Interesting.
I pay more every month and when my new truck is paid off, I'm probably gonna add that payment to the mortgage.

Never heard of the recasting deal???
Interesting.
I pay more every month and when my new truck is paid off, I'm probably gonna add that payment to the mortgage.
Instead of paying extra each month, save a lump sum, more the better. So you now have $50k or whatever amount, online calculator can tell you how much your monthly payment will drop.
Your paying against the principal balance, bit unlike a refinance, nothing changes.
Same payoff date, same % rate and no fees ,etc....except $200 (what my bank charged to recast).

If you have a great rate...why lose it, why pay points, why start all over essentially...

Recast, look it up and call your mortgage company, almost all do it, but they don't advertise it because they make more on a refinance.

I will be 61 in 2 days. Want to retire so bad I can taste it. A lot of what ifs at this point. Problem for me is I'm scared to death of not having enough projects. I am constantly going full throttle all the time and don't know if I'm going to be able to slow down. I work myself to the nub and then try to take a day off. Then when I'm resting I wish I was at the shop or working on a project. Closed our family business about a month ago of 57 years and I have always had a place to build anything. Now I'll be a regular guy and a three-car garage with my shop setup as well as I can. It will be limited on what I can build and do. I have done real estate for 31 years but have stepped way back the last 4 years between taking care of my dad at the end of his life and trying to keep our shop running for the last 2 years. Been doing some real estate but it is hard to step back in doing as much as I used to do. Guess we will see. At least everything is paid for and we have a pretty decent nest egg.

I will be 61 in 2 days. Want to retire so bad I can taste it. A lot of what ifs at this point. Problem for me is I'm scared to death of not having enough projects. I am constantly going full throttle all the time and don't know if I'm going to be able to slow down. I work myself to the nub and then try to take a day off. Then when I'm resting I wish I was at the shop or working on a project. Closed our family business about a month ago of 57 years and I have always had a place to build anything. Now I'll be a regular guy and a three-car garage with my shop setup as well as I can. It will be limited on what I can build and do. I have done real estate for 31 years but have stepped way back the last 4 years between taking care of my dad at the end of his life and trying to keep our shop running for the last 2 years. Been doing some real estate but it is hard to step back in doing as much as I used to do. Guess we will see. At least everything is paid for and we have a pretty decent nest egg.

You will Not be bored. I promise!

👍🏼

You should order a SPEED-UTV...you can spend your time on the edge of your seat waiting for it!
LMAO :ROFLMAO: :giggle:
Ok, seriously sounds like you're in a good spot!
Cheers.
db

Interesting topic. I just informed my boss ( good buddy ) today that I am retiring. Told him I will stay on until the end of the year. Will need to calculate when to start drawing SS so that I don't exceed the maximum allowed if you continue working.

No wristwatch, no alarm clock, dunno where I found the time to do what I do now when I was working.

Wifie retires young in January. She’s going to be tough to replace.

4 income streams. Paid off the house, all toys and vehicles in warranty. IMG_3726.jpeg

Will be able to hit the road with the toy hauler - with no return date.

Last edited:
Back