Red Bull Sand Scramble In Glamis

we found a spot in the dunes on the back side of osbourne, right on the edge where the cones and live racing track signs. got there at about 11am and saw two cars go though maybe we just got at a bad time but we ended up leaving since we did not see anything. going back to the washes we went around to sand hwy and that looked like a much better place to see any action. hope they are air it on red bull tv or youtube. would be cool to see it. 

From the videos I saw it looked like a fun event.  Racing looked like a blast. 

Checked out some of the morning heats then caught last 3 laps of the final. Did see a few guys cutting the course don’t think on purpose probably missing a turn, then a few more following behind would do the same. Some tried to go back others continued. Looked liked a blast though. 
5F214AF3-A344-4FAE-93F9-339A82FE896E.jpegFA7ECEEC-CC14-4360-9176-770B47FEA679.jpegF4F71E92-483C-4017-B0E0-A5641BAAA862.jpeg

Sounds like they threw some pros in the sportsman final that bumped the amateurs off the podium. 543AD4D0-EE11-43AA-B0F5-A035FDE0D893.jpeg

Checked out some of the morning heats then caught last 3 laps of the final. Did see a few guys cutting the course don’t think on purpose probably missing a turn, then a few more following behind would do the same. Some tried to go back others continued. Looked liked a blast though. 
View attachment 20886View attachment 20887View attachment 20888

Sounds like they threw some pros in the sportsman final that bumped the amateurs off the podium. View attachment 20885
Alright now that's some fkn BS!! 

View attachment 20886View attachment 20887View attachment 20888

Sounds like they threw some pros in the sportsman final that bumped the amateurs off the podium. View attachment 20885
Tyler on the podium (3rd pace ) is a friend of mine, he signed up for sportsman and this was his 4th time ever being in the dunes... I am not sure about the other two.

Our group piled a couple of ice chests full of beer and chairs into the little red wagon and watched the racing. 
My only complaint was that there was too much down time between races but we had plenty of beer and chairs so it was still a fun day. 

5F895CE1-DB94-40E1-A215-9ECC2AB052CA.jpeg

I don't think the organizers manage who was in each class, I was told anyone could sign up in any class they want.

I would love to do the red bull race. I will be at the next night race once my transaxle comes in. The driver of the 4 seat rzr must have been moving and props to him, but there was no real buggy competition. I know sxs's will beat me off the start, but hope they move or a bump from my class 1 will turn into a run over golf kart. 🥳

I would love to do the red bull race. I will be at the next night race once my transaxle comes in. The driver of the 4 seat rzr must have been moving and props to him, but there was no real buggy competition. I know sxs's will beat me off the start, but hope they move or a bump from my class 1 will turn into a run over golf kart. 🥳
I didn’t know there were any buggy’s in it. Wonder what 2wd and no paddles would be like. 

I didn’t know there were any buggy’s in it. Wonder what 2wd and no paddles would be like. 
I was referring to racing in the non-sanctioned race they ran at night. That race was just put on by a guy on social media with no official permits. The Red Bull scramble was sxs only. 

I was referring to racing in the non-sanctioned race they ran at night. That race was just put on by a guy on social media with no official permits. The Red Bull scramble was sxs only. 
Ahh ya. That races looked more like a pin it through the desert type of race. Perfect for a class 1. 

Ahh ya. That races looked more like a pin it through the desert type of race. Perfect for a class 1. 
Sounds like fun. If it didn't put others in danger, I would love to race from Gordons to Glamis on sand highway and back. My old Racer class 1 would click over 100mph the entire way. Only a 45 min race, but might get a little spicy!

Sounds like fun. If it didn't put others in danger, I would love to race from Gordons to Glamis on sand highway and back. My old Racer class 1 would click over 100mph the entire way. Only a 45 min race, but might get a little spicy!
Gordon’s to Ghecko 18 minutes. Had to return some strippers before their dudes got back!

Back