Red Bull Sand Scramble In Glamis

I think this is kinda cool but I hope it doesn't become a trend, regular event or attract a bunch more kooks.  We're Full!

God help anyone who rides through this area for the next 3 months.

Look what it did to Johnson Valley for King of the Hammers,   Going to attract a lot more dumb azzes,  then add way more attention to this area, then put the area under a microscope,  Just to sell some more energy drinks at the cost of what some would consider this there home,   

Speaking of this chit, whatever happened with the "Duner's Race"?  I thought I saw something on FB that it happened, and it did indeed happen at night.  A 4 seat basically stock RZR won vs. some actual sand cars, IIRC.

-TJ

Speaking of this chit, whatever happened with the "Duner's Race"?  I thought I saw something on FB that it happened, and it did indeed happen at night.  A 4 seat basically stock RZR won vs. some actual sand cars, IIRC.

-TJ
There were some instragram post.   The General Lee Buckshot was the sandcar I saw in one of the videos.

-TJ
just saw a short video on IG yesterday that was from it. not sure what path they were taking but it didnt look like that part of the video was in the dunes. was hoping there would be more posts about it. but there really was not much.  i think the time was something like 11 mins. 

@tjZ06 @jareddustin Looks like they were moving pretty quick in the dark. That General Lee almost lost it. Looked cool. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXM8O8lAvYY/?utm_medium=share_sheet
Giving it a watch now... can already tell it created less of a "Duner's Race" than a "who has the swingin' pair to just straight-line it in the dark and keep in the throttle" race.  I'm not saying there's no skill in that, because there is (at least, to do it without wrecking).  It's just not a "Duner's Race" in my opinion, which isn't worth much anyway.  EPO seems to be the closest there has been to a Duner's Race, but of course I've seen very few pics/vid from it and I'll probably get my pee-pee-smacked for mentioning it in public. 

-TJ

I'm not gonna lie, when I chased my buddies in their SxS to Olds down sand highway at night in my LS1 2seater, they ghosted me! Straight disappeared into the night almost as if I wasn't on the gas. I was amazed at how well their suspension worked with the lighter vehicle and I felt like I was lugging around a boat anchor. Maybe it wasn't that drastic but I was sure impressed. I may have been a little skurred to Gung ho like they did, not sure where I would've ended up, but when we got on the flatter sections, the V8 roars were like a thief in the night!

Someone on Instabook responded that they aren't even allowed to run paddles for this "Dune Scramble" race lol, wtf is the point?

Someone on Instabook responded that they aren't even allowed to run paddles for this "Dune Scramble" race lol, wtf is the point?
No paddles, it is in the rules.

Back